How to...

ku1ture

I want my script to focus on a previously selected list item in an active window that opens a context menu when double-clicked.

I can access the active window title where I have previously selected an item.

A double mouseclick opens that item's context menu. I send a keystroke and mouseclick.

A new window opens with part of the title containing the text of the item I selected.

My script needs to default to that new window's title so I may send text and activate a control button which completes the process.

How do I make my script use the previously selected list item in the first active window?

How do I make my script to default to the new active window with the changing window title?

The previously selected item will be different every time. Thus the title of the new window resulting from the context menu selection will also change.

Please send suggestions to ku1ture@yahoo.com .

• Moderators

We don't email suggestions, just keep checking the thread you posted. WinGetTitle('') is your answer.

While 1
    ToolTip(WinGetTitle(''), 0, 0)
     Sleep(10)
WEnd

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.