Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ebenezer

_IEFormGetObjByIndex no longer working?

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I recently installed the latest beta, including Dales au3 T2. Ever since my scipt started crashing due to an

_IEFormElementGetObjByIndex(): undefined function

error. Since I can't find the function in the helpfile anymore: has it been removed or renamed? If it is the former: how can I access unnamed forms under the T2 version?

Thanks for your help, E_A

To access unnamed forms, try _IEFormGetCollection using an index number to specify the form that you'd like to use. The index is zero-based.

To access the elements within a form, try _IEFormElementGetCollection with an index number to specify the element that you'd like to use. The index is zero-based.

All of that stuff is in the autoit helpfile under User Defined Functions // IE Management

If you just want to use the old syntax, I think there might be a conversion script that makes old _IE.au3 scripts compatible with the newer version. Search the forums. Good luck

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

To add to what syberschmo said, IE.au3 is now ditributed with the main AutoIt release, so there is not need for a seperate download. The compatability include file is available inthe basenote of the IE.aue T2.0 post (see my sig).

When you use then compatability include, you'll get SciTe console warnings when you use deprecated functions and pointers to the new ones.

Dale

Edit: typo

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks to you all!

I rewrote the script using the _IEFormElementGetCollection Function and it works like a charm :)

E_A