Attaching to a mshta.exe process

sadicq

First of all, I have to say that my question is not as simple to answer as it looks like.

I'm writing (or at least trying to write :) ) a program that performs different operations and should send the result to a 3rd party program, called WPI. The problem is the program is written in js (mainly) and it's launched by mshta. I tried to attach to the mshta.exe process, but it seems it's not that easy because mshta is not an in-process thread.

All I need is access to the WPI's DOM, so I can auto fill some inputs. I could also do this by Send statements, but there are other problems that make it useless.

If you guys have any idea about attaching to this kind of process, than let me know. I appreciate any help I can get.

Well, I'm not a total noob. The first thing that came in my mind was that, but _IE functions are designed to work with IE. mshta is completely different. It is a standalone process and although most of the people associate it with IE, it's not the same. So _IE functions failed and so did my other ideas (as I said, it can't be accessed with an ObjCreate statement as it's not in-process).