Shockwave controls? They dont work xP

AzKay

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Under IE/Tools/Manage Add Ons..., Select Show: Add Ons that have been used...

Is ShockWave Flash Object set to disabled or enabled?

You don't have something like NoFlash installed, do you?

http://www.bbshare.com/

Might try running the standalone installer, with IE closed:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...er_active_x.msi

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

ShockWave Flash Object isnt on the list, I dont have anything like NoFlash, and ill try the standalone

EDIT::

The shockwave flash object is there, I was on the wrong option, But, its on enabled.

Edited by AzKay
# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #

Ooh, crappy. Probably what has happened is some sort of security or anti-spyware program has set permissions on the Flash registry keys to prevent other programs from messing with them. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/for...p;enterthread=y

Several folks there had the same problem you do, and fixed it by logging in with an administrator account, and using Regedit to grant themselves control. Then the installer works.

Good luck.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

This key that you do not have?

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D27CDB70-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000}

Do a search with this code

For $i_key = 1 To 100000
    $key = RegEnumKey('HKCR\CLSID', $i_key)
    If Not @error Then
        If RegRead('HKCR\CLSID\' & $key, '') = 'Shockwave Flash Object' And Not @error Then
            MsgBox(0, 'Enumurated keys: ' & $i_key, 'HKCR\CLSID\' & $key)
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

Takes a short while as for me it is 2627 keys searched to get to the Shockwave Flash Object. That key exist for Flash v8.0.22.0 from the Flash Installer I used.

Of this Adobe support post (time of posting would have been same version I have)

I run several "protection" type products on my PC including Norton System Works 2005, Zone Alarm Pro, Spybot S&D (memory resident), Pest Patrol, and WinPatrol Plus. It seems that several of these products have modified the security settings on various sections of the registry in an effort to protect the OS from installing malicious software. This seems to be the root of my problem. (I'm logged on to the OS as Administrator).

I run Avast, Adaware and Spybot with immunize (no teatimer) and that classes key has full access rights.

Not sure, as unregister the ocx still leaves the key there for me. Perhaps a reboot may solve, but little hope considered. You did not mention of whether it worked or not?

A method of manual registration if helps. :)

Run('Regsvr32 ' & @SystemDir & '\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx')

Since you state that the file already exist, my other idea is perhaps overwrite does not happen, whether as being a newer version or in use, so it may cause false hope with install. Would move it out of folder and try install again. You would have to close your browser to move or delete it.

Not sure, as unregister the ocx still leaves the key there for me. Perhaps a reboot may solve, but little hope considered. You did not mention of whether it worked or not?

A method of manual registration if helps. :)

Run('Regsvr32 ' & @SystemDir & '\Macromed\Flash\flash.ocx')

Since you state that the file already exist, my other idea is perhaps overwrite does not happen, whether as being a newer version or in use, so it may cause false hope with install. Would move it out of folder and try install again. You would have to close your browser to move or delete it.

Ive tryed the Regsvr32 , With no avail. It just says it failed to register.

@webmedic ||

"Dial a fix"?

Linkeh?

And, I did some stuff, cant remember what, but then when I went and installed the flash player, after I go to "manage addons" its got the shockwave control there, but the flash objects still wont load, so, I restarted, like they say on the site, but now the control isnt there anymore xP.

Tis a happy day. I went and uninstalled flash again, and registry cleaned, then, booted in safe mode, and installed it all from scratch, And, Its worked :), Im so, So, very very happy right now. Thanks everyone :P

Awesome! Do the shockwave controls you originally posted about work as you expect? What are you working on? It looks interesting.

Yep, work fine ^^, Im kinda working on a program, thats just easier to get around some flash games :)

EDIT::

But it isnt a real project. I need a real project x3

Edited by AzKay