Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ajantis

Pressing custom key

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with HotKeySet command. I'd like to make a script which takes a single letter from ini file and then uses this letter with conjuction with alt button to execute a function. And everything is fine except one thing. I don't know how to make HotKeySet to accept data from variable. I mean I'd like to do something like that:

HotKeySet ("!" + $key, "function")

It's ok, I don't get any error but when I press alt+z for example nothing happenes... I even tried to declare the $key variable manualy but that doesn't seem to help. Could someone give me some advice how to do that? Thx

If the $key variable contains only a single letter, such as "z", then you can join the strings together with the & operator. Please also note that you should use lower-case letters unless you want to press alt-shift-z. "!z" is not the same as "!Z".

To join the strings, you put the & symbol between them. Your end result looks like:

HotKeySet("!" & $key, "function")

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Great! Thanks pekster for fast reply :D . That is exactly what I was looking for :huh2: .