ExcelCom Errors

mnchartier

When ever I try any script that uses the ExcelCom I receive this error

C:\Documents and Settings\mchartier\My Documents\Downloads\ExcelExamples\ExcelCom.au3(169,42) : ERROR: StringRegExp(): undefined function.

If StringRegExp($s_i_Column, "[0-9]", 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\mchartier\My Documents\Downloads\ExcelExamples\ExcelCom.au3(171,67) : ERROR: StringRegExpReplace(): undefined function.

$ColLettStart = StringRegExpReplace($s_i_Column, "[0-9]", "", 0)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

C:\Documents and Settings\mchartier\My Documents\Downloads\ExcelExamples\_XLRowToArrayExample.au3 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

This even happens on all the ExcelCom example scripts.

When ever I try any script that uses the ExcelCom I receive this error

This even happens on all the ExcelCom example scripts.

If you're not using AutoIt 3.2.x.x, make sure you update to it and then apply the most current Beta.

I'm unable to find documentation on the function "StringRegExp" in AutoIt help via a quick search, but I know what it does, and it works with my installation (SciTE even provides syntax).

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Update - a forum search brings up this thread:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...hl=StringRegExp

This would suggest you need a Beta version of AutoIt in order for ExcelCom to see the missing functions.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]

Hi,

I think that is only a Scite warning and you can press "continue" and it will run?

If not, check you have latest version of Scite installed as well.

If not, please PM me to let me know.

I can change it to a vbs RegExp if need be.

best, Randall

Edited by randallc