Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConsultingJoe

Inetgetsize Not Working?

7 posts in this topic

I have the beta 3.2 and I used the example from the help file:

$size = InetGetSize("http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/update.dat")
MsgBox(0, "Size of remote file:", $size)

And I just get "0"

any ideas?

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

You're using IE7. Apparently InetGetSize() doesn't work with IE7. I don't know if Microsoft changed something or broke something. When IE7 becomes final, it'll be resolved. Until then, don't use alpha/beta software from Microsoft.

You're using IE7. Apparently InetGetSize() doesn't work with IE7. I don't know if Microsoft changed something or broke something. When IE7 becomes final, it'll be resolved. Until then, don't use alpha/beta software from Microsoft.

Ohh, ok, thanks a bunch.

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

Out of curiosity, what version of IE7 are you running? I just tested this with IE7 RC1 and it works.

Out of curiosity, what version of IE7 are you running? I just tested this with IE7 RC1 and it works.

Beta 3

I will update it and update you, Thanks

Beta 3

I will update it and update you, Thanks

Yep that did it. I have RC1 and it is working. thanks again

Thank you.