drag and drop - hidden window halts the drop

sulfurious

I have a gui with drag and drop working just fine. I am using onevent mode. Anyway, I decided to add another form. This form has a tab and 3 tab sheets, with some radio buttons on each. Each form works fine. I also have a 3rd form with some yes/no buttons.

The sequence was like this. Create form1, state:show. Create form2, state:hide. guiswitch to form1. do form1 stuff, then - form1 state:hide. form2state:show. guiswitch form2. This works fine.

Now the sequence is like this. Create form1, state:show. Create NEW form2, state:hide. Create form3, state:hide. guiswitch form1. do form1 stuff, then - form1 state:hide, form2 state:still hide, form3 state:show. This all performs correctly.

However, since the new form2 is hidden, if form3, with the dragdrop, occupies the same coords as new form2, the drag and drop does not work. if i move form1 so it occupies different coords, it works. the drop points are input boxes. strange thing is the input boxes are like width of 250. If 25% or so of the input box overlays the underlying new form2, the drop does not happen.

I tried, on creation of new form2 state:sw_minimize. Oddly enough, unless I first set the state to sw_show, it does not work. same drop problem exists. If I do sw_show then sw_minimize, the drop form works like it should.

I do not like the method of showing the form, then minimizing it. And I do not want to have all 3 forms split over the display to be sure they are not overlapped.

I have messed with some of the ex styles. But I either do not understand what some of them do, like the clipsiblings, or I have not combined to the right effect.

Is there a solution for this?

later,

Sul

edit: my apologies. I should have posted in gui forum.

Edited by sulfurious