Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phatzilla

A few Questions

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this; I have a few questions:

#1 How do i make it so that for people to run my program (Just a script i made in AUTOIT 3) they dont need to have any files whatsoever? Except my .exe file that i give them? (I heard that having ANY #include in your script forces people to download autoit or something, is that true?)

#2 How do i make it so that my program runs on startup?

Thanks.

Hey everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this; I have a few questions:

#1 How do i make it so that for people to run my program (Just a script i made in AUTOIT 3) they dont need to have any files whatsoever? Except my .exe file that i give them? (I heard that having ANY #include in your script forces people to download autoit or something, is that true?)

#2 How do i make it so that my program runs on startup?

Thanks.

The other person should only need the .exe file. A good way to do it, if you are using an .au3 file that is not part of the standard autoit install is to place the .au3 file inside the include folder found in the autoit install folder.

As for the run on start up, place a shortcut to the .exe in the startup folder, add the program to a startup registry key?? there are many ways

#1 AutoIt is a standalone when compiled into an executable. Compiled a3x files have includes and FileInstalls included but need an external interpreter to make them execute. Au3 files that have includes added are dependant on the includes and an interpreter to execute.

#2 Add a shortcut to the startup folder. Use FileCreateShortcut() with the @StartupDir macro.

:)

Thank you for the quick replies guys.

Hm...What if i dont know where they placed the file, how would i know where to shortcut it from?

Hm...What if i dont know where they placed the file, how would i know where to shortcut it from?

look up @scriptDir