Gui problems with win 2k?

Nighter

Hi all

first, sorry for my bad english :)

i've got some problems here, ive wrote a script with a gui under windows xp with scite, it works fine.

but i want to add some changes at home and with my laptop and win2k running. ive installed first 3.2.0.1 and the 3.2.1.4 beta and scite from the dl page.

aver changing and testing my script ive got a problem with the combobox included on my gui form..

there was no data at the combobox.

after serveral tests and no data at all on my combobox,ive tryed to create an empty gui, just with a combobox and fixed data like this part

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
$Form1 = GUICreate("AForm1", 622, 448, 192, 125)
$cboacc = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 128, 64, 225, 21)
GUICtrlSetData(-1, "|test|test2")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop
    Case Else
    ;;;;;;;
    EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

and no data was at the combobox after i started the script.

could it be that there are some problems with win2k and the gui?

because my script worked fine at my pc at the office with windows xp....

ive tryed it without the beta to but it didn't work too..;(

any ideas whats wrong?

every other part of my gui works fine just the combobox won't work..;(

Yes. Comboboxes under Windows 2000 often fail to completely deploy. This is a Windows bug that 2K users will have seen before. Manually setting the height as Helge suggests might fix it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Manually setting the height as Helge suggests might fix it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I used Windows 2000 when I was in the military when I bumped in this issue, and I found

out that it could be solved by setting the height to about 100px. It always worked. I have

also suggested this to the forum-users here at least 5 times, and I've seen it suggested by

others here many times...it always fixed it and I haven't seen anybody having problems

with it after doing so, so I doubt holding your breath is needed :)

I used Windows 2000 when I was in the military when I bumped in this issue, and I found

out that it could be solved by setting the height to about 100px. It always worked. I have

also suggested this to the forum-users here at least 5 times, and I've seen it suggested by

others here many times...it always fixed it and I haven't seen anybody having problems

with it after doing so, so I doubt holding your breath is needed :)

No kidding... That would be nice. I'll keep that in mind next time it comes up. Does it work in other settings besides AutoIt? VC++ for example, or VB?