Pixels

I understand that autoIT comes packaged with a nice pixelcolor/location getting program, but I cannot get very detailed results from this program.

Also what program do you use to take screen shots? I use fraps right now, is there a better one out there?

My problem is that despite my best efforts i cannot seem to get my autoIT script to read text in a program and respond accordingly. :D

I am also using 800x600 resolustion

thank you!

I understand that autoIT comes packaged with a nice pixelcolor/location getting program, but I cannot get very detailed results from this program.

What do you need? The Spy window shows you the pixel coordinates (both absolute, and relative to the active window) as well as the two color modes used in AutoIt (RGB and BGR.) That's all you have control over from within the AutoIt language as well, so it appears pretty complete to me.

Also what program do you use to take screen shots? I use fraps right now, is there a better one out there?

Personally, I'm fine with using the printscreen button for full desktop shots, and alt-printscreen for application screenshots. I just use mspaint.exe or the photo editor that's included with MS Office.

My problem is that despite my best efforts i cannot seem to get my autoIT script to read text in a program and respond accordingly.

You might want to look at the following functions: WinGetText, AutoItSetOption("WinDetectHiddenText", 1), ControlGetText, and StatusbarGetText.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Generally I just use Windows' built-in Alt-Print Screen. This copies the current window (and any child windows) to the clipboard where it can be manipulated by graphics software, including MS-Paint.

If you are trying to read text written on a graphical window, instead of text-based one, then you need OCR (optical character recognition) software to turn the image into text. They still guess wrong sometimes. AutoIt is not OCR software. :D

Edit: I see Pekster had basiccally the same thoughts. Oh well. :huh2:

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Yes, i'm trying to read text from a graphics window.

>.< sounds like this is gonna be hard

First of all, my problem is that i can't get exact pixels with the spy window.

I mean there's 800 increments for just 1 direction on the screen :huh2:

Any tips on getting exact numbers....

and any tips on autoIT tricks for reading graphic's text?

OH :D here's a brainstorm.... how about I use autoit to move the mouse to the exact pixel i want >.> tricky tricky... but i might just work

I've got the same problem myself. I'm trying to decipher graphical text by using certain pixels on letters to be sure I have a unique match. I've run into the problem that for some reason one letter will have a pixel color of 0xFEFFFF and the same exact letter in a different location on the screen may have a color of 0xFFFFFF.

When using PixelGetColor(x,y), what format is default? RGB or BGR? It seems that window spy uses BGR (just a quick test in paint).

In the latest unstable builds, the default is RGB. However, up until a few months ago, the default was BGR due to none of us realizing that was how Microsoft had set things up. Now, though, RGB is the default mode and BGR can be toggled through an option (Although it is deprecated and could be phased out). The latest Au3_Spy bundled with the unstable build shows both RGB and BGR format.

I've got the same problem myself.  I'm trying to decipher graphical text by using certain pixels on letters to be sure I have a unique match.  I've run into the problem that for some reason one letter will have a pixel color of 0xFEFFFF and the same exact letter in a different location on the screen may have a color of 0xFFFFFF.

When using PixelGetColor(x,y), what format is default?  RGB or BGR?  It seems that window spy uses BGR (just a quick test in paint).

read up on cleartype... if you're using it, that'd definately be the case.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I've run into the problem that for some reason one letter will have a pixel color of 0xFEFFFF and the same exact letter in a different location on the screen may have a color of 0xFFFFFF.

Maybe the shade-variation paramater of PixelSearch will help out? Although PixelSearch was designed to search a range of pixels, if you searched for your pixel color (or range, in this case) for only 1 pixel, you could determine if the color matched within a range of a color.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.