Help- Cannot get program to run..

chiners_68

I need to run a progrma from my script. the shortcut for the program has the line

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" /runtime /wrkgrp "C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\CCC.MDW" "C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\ProAchTarg.MDE"

how can i get this to run in autoit..?

if i run this from the run command C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\ProAchTarg.MDE it opens the program. if i put this line alone in autoit, it wont run..

try

Run("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office\MSACCESS.EXE " & /runtime /wrkgrp " & "C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\CCC.MDW" & "C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\ProAchTarg.MDE")

Edited by iceberg

mouse not found....scroll any mouse to continue.

run("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office\MSACCESS.EXE /runtime /wrkgrp C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\CCC.MDW C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\ProAchTarg.MDE") doesn't work ?

(ie. remove the " except where it's needed. )

The problem might be that it will not understand the spaces, in which case you might try the 8.3 equvivalent, (ie. Program Files = Progra~1) or perhaps using ' around the long filenames. (I can't verify ATM)

Edited by jinxter

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Wrap the whole command in single quotes, or since it is so long, then add some continuation characters as well to spread across more then one line.

Run('"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ART\Office\MSACCESS.EXE"' & _
        ' /runtime /wrkgrp ' & _
        '"C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\CCC.MDW" ' & _
        '"C:\Program Files\CompassCC\ProAchieve\ProAchTarg.MDE"')
Edited by MHz