Active Directory password change

I'm looking to create a GUI interface that users who's PC in not a member of the AD domain can put in there AD username and old password and enter a new one. I've never coded for this kind of thing...by that I mean an Active Directory call(s). Can I get some direction on what the code might look like to do something like this?

Thanks

I'm looking to create a GUI interface that users who's PC in not a member of the AD domain can put in there AD username and old password and enter a new one. I've never coded for this kind of thing...by that I mean an Active Directory call(s). Can I get some direction on what the code might look like to do something like this?

Thanks

Search for LDAP and Active Directory in this forum and Script & Scraps. You should find some ways close to that (if not exactly that). Then google for vbs way to do it.. compare .vbs with autoit and try something. From that ppl can help you out i guess. There's also vbs to .au3 converter on scripts & scraps so maybe it will be easier that way?

My little company: Evotec (PL version: Evotec)

I suppose this is not what you want, but....

To reset a user's password:

dsmod user "CN=John Doe,CN=Users,DC=microsoft,DC=com"

-pwd A1b2C3d4 -mustchpwd yes

the ds commands are very useful.

In my company all users are in ActiveDirectory, and logon to it, so we don't have this problem. My guess is that you try to map a folder and when the users password is expired it says access denied and the password cannot be changed.

'pspasswd' might be one way to go, 'net users' might do the trick aswell.

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.