Quotation mark delimiters.

Searched about for ages with various terms and for sample code.. and I've given up =D

What I'm trying to do is use a quotation mark as a delimiter. I fiddled about looking for a way to input the ascii equivalent but no success yet. Seems most people just used an alternative character for their delimiters. There must be a way around it apart from using an alternative character?

Sample data is as follows:

1234567,"Joe Bloggs"

8910111,"John Doe"

Thanks in advance.

• Moderators

Searched about for ages with various terms and for sample code.. and I've given up =D

What I'm trying to do is use a quotation mark as a delimiter. I fiddled about looking for a way to input the ascii equivalent but no success yet. Seems most people just used an alternative character for their delimiters. There must be a way around it apart from using an alternative character?

Sample data is as follows:

1234567,"Joe Bloggs"

8910111,"John Doe"

Thanks in advance.

You never mentioned what you wanted to do with the delimeter? :lmao:

$DoubleQuote = '"'
MsgBox(64, 'Double Quote', $DoubleQuote)
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

You never mentioned what you wanted to do with the delimeter? :lmao:

Oops. I wanted to strip the quotation marks from the names so perhaps StringSplitting isn't the right move to make on it in second thoughts.

Ah you people use single quotes. Just got into the habit of using double quotation marks. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get back to work.

Thx for the help ppls.