When I do:

send ('@')
, I get the @ sign, which is OK.

But, when I do

ControlSend ("xyz","","",'@')
, I get the 2 char.

Why?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

It's a limitation of ControlSend with some applications. The solution is to use the global send (the old "Send" function) to do a shift down, and then shift up when you're done. However, that is a pain to do throught your script whenever you want a symbol that requires the shift key to be modified like this.

Because of this, I have created a function called ControlSendPlus that has the ability to do this for you. My UDF (that you can find via the index page in my signature) is a better replacement for ControlSend in cases where the shift, alt, or control keys are not properly sent to your application. Basically, my function will detect any key that requires the use of the shift key, and send the global shift down and shift up for you. This allows you to make only 1 call to my function instead of a lot of calls to send ShiftDown and ShiftUp while you controlsend stuff.

Edit 2: Although I hinted at it, I guess I didn't say that it can also use this same logic for global AltDown and ControlDown keystrokes if you require that. For more information, either read my included readme in the zip, or see a post I made here that explains in more detail about my function.

Minor edit (#1)

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

10x, pekster, but the link is broken... :D

10x, pekster, but the link is broken...  :D

Works for me, and I just tested it now. If you are using IE, you will have to use the "direct download" button since IE sucks and can't view some FTP folders (despite "supporting" the FTP protocal, but I'll save this for another thread.)

If you're still having problems, I can email you the zip as an attachment if you send me an email with your address (just click the email me link from any of my posts.)

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.