VNC Control

dv8

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2tim3_16 your request is quite reasonabe and i'm starting to work on it. You can expect the updated version by the end of the day, i think. :lmao:

Thank you for the help, makeing VNC Control better! :ph34r:

Wonderful! It works beautifully! Now I can set up groups by department, and quickly find someone's computer when I need to remote to it!

And thank you for making my job easier (not to mention more fun!)!

One more possible enhancement? Is it possible to make it so that we could have the computer name that we are remoting to, but also have a separate name that we can list the computer by? For instance, if I have a computer SomeComputer in the group Accounting, can I assign it a user name that shows up in the list instead of the computer name? So that if I know who I am helping but don't currently remember their computer name, I can just click on the name that I have assigned that computer in the list?

Group: Accounting

Computer: SomeComputer

List View: SomeName

I hope that makes sense. I can try to clarify more if I need to.

Wonderful! It works beautifully! Now I can set up groups by department, and quickly find someone's computer when I need to remote to it!

And thank you for making my job easier (not to mention more fun!)!

One more possible enhancement? Is it possible to make it so that we could have the computer name that we are remoting to, but also have a separate name that we can list the computer by? For instance, if I have a computer SomeComputer in the group Accounting, can I assign it a user name that shows up in the list instead of the computer name? So that if I know who I am helping but don't currently remember their computer name, I can just click on the name that I have assigned that computer in the list?

Group: Accounting

Computer: SomeComputer

List View: SomeName

I hope that makes sense. I can try to clarify more if I need to.

It makes prefect sense. :lmao:

And its done. See the history page on the website. :geek:

It's not exactly what you wanted, but it will do the job.

The change is that you can change the name of the PC to

PC01~Some description here

OR

PC01 ~ Some description here

(White spaces are not a problem)

But when connecting to this computer, the connection will be made to PC01

All text after the "~" character is considered a comment.

I hope this solves your problem. :ph34r:

EDIT: If you like the program, please read carefuly the DONATIONS page on the website (http://www.vnccontrol.hit.bg/En/). :)

Edited by dv8

It makes prefect sense. :lmao:

And its done. See the history page on the website. :)

It's not exactly what you wanted, but it will do the job.

The change is that you can change the name of the PC to

PC01~Some description here

OR

PC01 ~ Some description here

(White spaces are not a problem)

But when connecting to this computer, the connection will be made to PC01

All text after the "~" character is considered a comment.

I hope this solves your problem. :ph34r:

EDIT: If you like the program, please read carefuly the DONATIONS page on the website (http://www.vnccontrol.hit.bg/En/). :ph34r:

That works just fine for me, except for one thing. I have to edit the PC.ini file directly to add the comment. If I enter it in the computer name field, it doesn't save it.

Other than that, it works beautifully, and even my manager is getting excited about it! :geek:

That works just fine for me, except for one thing. I have to edit the PC.ini file directly to add the comment. If I enter it in the computer name field, it doesn't save it.

Other than that, it works beautifully, and even my manager is getting excited about it! :lmao:

Fixed today in version 1.2.3.2, and available for download. :ph34r:

I hope it's OK now.

looks very good dv8.

just some questions, why the limit of 30 machines per group ? (I've changed it and compiled it again, np).

Do you think you could include in the network scan the ability to resolve the hostname ? and put it in as the name of the machine instead of the ip address ?

looks very good dv8.

just some questions, why the limit of 30 machines per group ? (I've changed it and compiled it again, np).

I figured this limit is reasonable. Because it's more comfortable to have more groups with less computers.

I think it would be easyer for management, to break one big group to 2 or 3 smaller. But it's up to you. If you need more - just recompile.

Be careful though, because, in my compiled version I use a 10 symbol KEY (The $ENC variable below the PC and group limits) for password encryption. In the source file, this key is replaced by 10 "*". If you have entered some passwords using my EXE and then compiled your own, then the passwords will not be correct.

Do you think you could include in the network scan the ability to resolve the hostname ? and put it in as the name of the machine instead of the ip address ?

The network scanner uses a windows utility called nbtstat.exe to resolve the hostname and to get its MAC address. If your OS doesn't have this utility in the system folder, the scanner won't be able to resolve the name and will return the IP addres instead.

Check out the new version 1.2.4 on the web site.

There is new field - Description, in the Add/Edit PC dialog. Now the computers are displayed and edited using the description, not the name, and you can have multiple entries with the same PC name, but different description.

Enjoy! :ph34r:

Some changes i Found:

some restrictions to change:

let them write names instead of numbers in the Ip field.

in setting:

let fill up settings without writing the server, (if it is a viewer manager, maybe you do not use the server itself)

let optional the viewer, maybe you use the programm only for the server manager facilities.

Are you giving us some credits in the graduation project ? :lmao:

Thanks anyway for doing the job, i enjoy your programm...,

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en EspaƱol Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

let them write names instead of numbers in the Ip field.

Why? There is separate field for the names. :lmao:

in setting:

let fill up settings without writing the server, (if it is a viewer manager, maybe you do not use the server itself)

let optional the viewer, maybe you use the programm only for the server manager facilities.

10x for the suggestion. There is new version 1.2.5 on the website. :ph34r:

The server and client fields in the Other settings are no longer mandatory. If you leave the server field blank, the Clients mode will be disabled. If you leave the client field empty, the Server mode will be disabled.

Are you giving us some credits in the graduation project ? :geek:

Sorry, but I published the program here after my graduation project was finished.

But I will put some words on the website History page though. :ph34r:

Edit: Credits added in history page! :)

Thanks anyway for doing the job, i enjoy your programm...,

I thank you for using it and helping to emprove it. :) Edited by dv8

Why? There is separate field for the names. :lmao:

10x for the suggestion. There is new version 1.2.5 on the website. :ph34r:

The server and client fields in the Other settings are no longer mandatory. If you leave the server field blank, the Clients mode will be disabled. If you leave the client field empty, the Server mode will be disabled.

Sorry, but I published the program here after my graduation project was finished.

But I will put some words on the website History page though. :)

Edit: Credits added in history page! :ph34r:

I thank you for using it and helping to emprove it. :geek:

Thanks I wish It becomes the top 5 app in his field.

Field for names I mean, if you are using DNS (can filter for dns Style names also)

Also what about pre-batching (I mean you can select by Ctrl-clicking e.g. 3 pcs at the same time, change the icon as selected, and then let them run inside a for next). And some ON BOOT pre-batching, I mean you can select e.g. 3 pcs which will run everytime when programm Starts.

Edited by BasicOs
Autoit.es - Foro Autoit en EspaƱol Word visitors Image Clustrmap image: - Football Spanish team - Spanish team: Casillas, Iniesta, Villa, Xavi, Puyol, Campdevilla, etc..Programando en Autoit+Html - Coding Autoit-Html - Arranca programas desde Internet - Preprocesador de Autoit a http

Check out the new version 1.2.4 on the web site.

There is new field - Description, in the Add/Edit PC dialog. Now the computers are displayed and edited using the description, not the name, and you can have multiple entries with the same PC name, but different description.

Enjoy! :ph34r:

I love it! :geek:

We have a workstation database here at work, and I've written a query that automatically populates the pc.ini file for us from that database. The description field gets populated with the user name and computer name, e.g., LastName, FirstName - ComputerName. With the pc.ini file out on the network, any one of us in IT can run VNC Control and have the most current PC and user information, sorted by department. That saves us a lot of time! So thanks again, and keep up the good work! :lmao:

Edited by 2tim3_16

lapasuc, 10x for the hint. I've thought about this, but always forget. I'll do it right now. :lmao:

2tim3_16, I'm glad you like it. I hope you'll put a good word about my program here and there. :ph34r:

Edit: I'm thinking of puting some user reviews on the website. Do you mind if I quote your last post there?

Edited by dv8

Thanks I wish It becomes the top 5 app in his field.

• Field for names I mean, if you are using DNS (can filter for dns Style names also)
  • 1Also what about pre-batching (I mean you can select by Ctrl-clicking e.g. 3 pcs at the same time, change the icon as selected, and then let them run inside a for next). And some ON BOOT pre-batching, I mean you can select e.g. 3 pcs which will run everytime when programm Starts.
  • What do you think about Proxy Support?
Sorry if I am asking too many improvements :lmao:
Edited by BasicOs