VNC Control

dv8

On the 25-th of this month, after I updated the virus definitions of AntiVir Personal Edition Classic it started to report VNC Control and AutoIt as "worms". I wrote an "angry" :whistle: letter to the authors and a fiew hours later they sent an apology and the next day everything went to normal after the new definitions update.

Edited by dv8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the 25-th of this month, after I updated the virus definitions of AntiVir Personal Edition Classic it started to report VNC Control and AutoIt as "worms". I wrote an "angry" :whistle: letter to the authors and a fiew hours later they sent an apology and the next day everything went to normal after the new definitions update.

Very nice, I wrote two angry letters to BitDefender. I never got a response! I deinstalled BitDefender and wrote them another angry letter. ^^ Now, I'm using Panda virus scanner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I downloaded your program, this is pretty slick.

I use TightVNC and typically I don't use VNCViewer, but prefer to use Internet Explorer to connect to the systems instead, using http://thesystemsIPaddress:5800

When I re-click on one of the PCs in my list and choose HTTP, it just opens up IE and enters this in the URL field: http://MyPC

Am I missing something? What's the HTTP used for then?

I downloaded your program, this is pretty slick.

I use TightVNC and typically I don't use VNCViewer, but prefer to use Internet Explorer to connect to the systems instead, using http://thesystemsIPaddress:5800

When I re-click on one of the PCs in my list and choose HTTP, it just opens up IE and enters this in the URL field: http://MyPC

Am I missing something? What's the HTTP used for then?

You are not missing anything. ;)

It's my mistake. I've missed to put the port after the URL. :">

Sorry

I'll fix it tomorrow...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my co-workers had some questions, and then I started thinking about some things, and I decided to pass them along and see what you say...

Would it be possible to add additional description fields for FirstName and LastName?

Would it be possible to add a sort order and grouping option? The way you have it set up now, it's automatically sorted by Group, then Description. Would it be possible to allow the user to choose how it's sorted at will? Maybe through a toggle box or dropdown menu option? So that the user could choose to sort by Group, UserName (in "First Last" or "Last, First" format), Description, or Computer, with sub-grouping as well (i.e., sort by Group then LastName, or sort by Group then ComputerName, etc.).

Allow any of the above to be optionally displayed (i.e. display just Group and ComputerName, or display just ComputerName, LastName, and FirstName, etc.)

Don't know how difficult that would be, but it certainly would be nice! :)

Thanks again for a great tool, and keep up the good work!

One of my co-workers had some questions, and then I started thinking about some things, and I decided to pass them along and see what you say...

Would it be possible to add additional description fields for FirstName and LastName?

Why? Whose names? The description field is quite big and you can put whatever you want there, including first - last names.

:D

Would it be possible to add a sort order and grouping option? The way you have it set up now, it's automatically sorted by Group, then Description. Would it be possible to allow the user to choose how it's sorted at will? Maybe through a toggle box or dropdown menu option? So that the user could choose to sort by Group, UserName (in "First Last" or "Last, First" format), Description, or Computer, with sub-grouping as well (i.e., sort by Group then LastName, or sort by Group then ComputerName, etc.).

Allow any of the above to be optionally displayed (i.e. display just Group and ComputerName, or display just ComputerName, LastName, and FirstName, etc.)

Don't know how difficult that would be, but it certainly would be nice! :P

Thanks again for a great tool, and keep up the good work!

Sorry, but it will be much trouble if I do that.

But if you are more creative you can think a way to arrange your groups as you wish. You can put numbers at the beginning of the group name for example. :D

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm glad you are still using the program and like it.

:)

Why? Whose names? The description field is quite big and you can put whatever you want there, including first - last names.

:D

Sorry, but it will be much trouble if I do that.

But if you are more creative you can think a way to arrange your groups as you wish. You can put numbers at the beginning of the group name for example. :P

Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm glad you are still using the program and like it.

:)

Perfectly understandable. Just a thought. :D

I love it!

is there any limit for the TreeView to be added ?

I've downloaded the latest version... however when I added the 8th Group, it failed to add into the TreeView list.

I've tried many times, result outcome is the same.

Please help how to resolve this problem.... thanks

is there any limit for the TreeView to be added ?

I've downloaded the latest version... however when I added the 8th Group, it failed to add into the TreeView list.

I've tried many times, result outcome is the same.

Please help how to resolve this problem.... thanks

Hi friends. I'm glad you like the program.

What is the result after you've added the 8th group?

There are limits for the groups and the PC in each group. See the settings.ini file in the program's folder (the MaxSec and MaxPC keys) - see the history page on the website (Version 1.3.0 - 25.10.2006).

ATTENTION!!! VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

Since 30.01.2007 this program is no longer free.

The price is now 25$. (USD)

You can however download and use it for personal or commercial evaluation purposes for infinite period of time, without any restrictions. :) The source code is still open.

If you decide to BUY it, you will receive (if you wish) e-mail notifications of any new versions available and I'll answer your e-mail questions and suggestions with topmost priority. Also (again if you wish), your name or alias will be included in the list of the Honored owners of VNC Control.

Another thing: You can buy as many copies of the program as you like. :D

These changes are made, because I'm going through a difficult financial times and I plan to increase my family members soon.

:">:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

VNC Control - Version 1.5.3 - available for download. :)

* Added functionality to connect at once to all the computers in a group by selecting the group and then choosing "Connect with VNC" from the right-click menu. And also the "Groups and Computers" window is now bigger so it can properly display the texts in all available languages.

Edited by dv8