Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vinter

Is the DLL complete?

11 posts in this topic

Does the DLL have ALL the functions of Autoit? For example, are the gui functiond there? I had just asseumed that they are there and now i dont find them in the AutoIt3.h file...

Why don't you just take a look in the AutoItX help file? (It's in the AutoItX directory)

I don't think you will find any of the GUI* functions there as they are supposed to work on AutoIt's own GUI environment. You do however find quite many WIN* functions in the AutoItX dll, enabling you to manipulate Windows windows.

The function prototypes that you can see in the help file are exactly those that are present in AutoIt.h... So having a look at the help file is exactly the same as having a look at the header file...

Now, the problem is, I am working on something that is to be done in parts - some parts by me and others by other team members. The other team members want that things should be done in C++. So I thought I would be smart and use AutoIt's DLL. But since a major portion of my work is concerned with making a gui, i realised that it's not going to work... So any suggestions? Anyone?

Depends on the requirement for the GUI.

You could make the GUI in Autoit and create a dll of the C++ stuff. But it is probably better to just dolearn the CreateWindowEx and associated API stuff

No, the AutoItX dll does not contain anywhere near all the functions of regular AutoIt.

Hmmmm....

I really hate C++

No, the AutoItX dll does not contain anywhere near all the functions of regular AutoIt.

Was just wondering... is there a techincal difficulty in making the dll exhaustive?

Was just wondering... is there a techincal difficulty in making the dll exhaustive?

I think it's pointless as many of the left-out functions are wrappers around native API calls.

I'm sure the reason that the dll is not an AutoIt clone is that many of the functions store things in places that an application can store things. Dlls do not have access to memory like that, especially when being loaded and unloaded between function calls.