SciTE editor - (ab)using the output-window

I'm using the SciTE editor that came with my copy of AI, and am (ofcourse) using the "output window" to display messages in that show my scripts progress.

I noticed that certain characters at the start of a line will display the line in a different color, and have been using that to mark important messages (like errors) from the less-important (like read the processed data). All-in-all I found 4 "color-coding" characters.

My question : Is there a way to add more color-coding characters to the editor, or better yet : define the actual color for the line to-be-displayed.

I've looked in both the "SciTEUser.properties" and "au3.properties" as well as searched these fora and the Web, but did not find anything.

hmm, I asked the same question last week and got some realy good replyes. But now I can't find the thread :lmao:

Ahh, there it is @MHz gave some excelent advice :ph34r:

EDIT: removed the quote.

Edited by Uten

@MHz gave some excelent advice :lmao:

Thanks. The "(<number>)" and "{tab}number) tricks could come in handy.

But I seem to be missing some information, as I do not have and "Others.properties" file present (and therefore cant browse it). :ph34r:

It is in the Scite4AutoIt package. You are probably using the SciTe version that came with the AutoIt installation? NOTE! The SicTe version comming with AutoIt does not suport Lua (I think.*) so the stock version (The one you find at the scite site) is somewhat better when it comes to configuration.

* It could be taht it don't find a LUA script engine whereas the stock version has the script engine compiled in. Search for scite and JdeB or Jon if your intrested in knowing.

• Developers

It is in the Scite4AutoIt package. You are probably using the SciTe version that came with the AutoIt installation? NOTE! The SicTe version comming with AutoIt does not suport Lua (I think.*) so the stock version (The one you find at the scite site) is somewhat better when it comes to configuration.

* It could be taht it don't find a LUA script engine whereas the stock version has the script engine compiled in. Search for scite and JdeB or Jon if your intrested in knowing.

The Lite version that comes with AutoIt3 only has a few Lexers compiled in it but does gave the LUA engine. We do not supply any utility and AutoIt3.lua file with, for that you need to use the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

:lmao:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)