My Game

dandymcgee

LEVEL TWO IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Hallman - Wow, that's really cool. I like the way you make the guy move, it's a million times easier, and you don't need to reprogram it for each new level like my way. I'll look at it a little more when I get some time maybe tomorrow. Thanks a lot for the example!

@Xenogis - What do you mean by "dynamic text file"? I'm more than willing to fix the mistakes I made when it comes to making the guy move and setting up the level.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

Thanks Dethredic again for the sprites :ph34r: I did include your name in the credits if anyone bothered to read them (In the ReadMe). I am still trying to keep up with projects at school and incorporate a dynamic level saving feature into the game. I think I've come close, but it'll still take a couple more weeks probably. It's just going to be hard getting everything to move around the right way when somebody decides to make their own level or edit mine with the level editor (rather than rewriting the script the way that I have to :lmao:). Hopefully some time before the end of this year I can have a fully working level editor and such, but no promises. Anyways, feel free to PM me or post any new ideas. You can also email me at: dandymcgee123@yahoo.com I check my email about 3 or 4 times a day. Well, I have an English project and a World Perspectives project due tomorrow so I gotta get my butt to work :geek:.

- Dan [Website]

EDIT: Wow, I'm too long winded. I give anybody on these forums 100% permission to change absolutely anything they would like in this game as long as you show your changes to me. Not for approval, but simply so I can learn from you guys. Thank You so much for being polite enough to ask. I love "novelty" as long as it's free :lmao:.

Edited by dandymcgee

- Dan [Website]

EDIT: Wow, I'm too long winded. I give anybody on these forums 100% permission to change absolutely anything they would like in this game as long as you show your changes to me. Not for approval, but simply so I can learn from you guys. Thank You so much for being polite enough to ask. I love "novelty" as long as it's free :lmao: .

Good attitude dandy, i feel the same way about the scripts i post here too!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

• 2 months later...

I know Im going to get shot down for replying an old topic, but also for the question Im about to ask... can I get that source file again? I had a really cool idea for a game and wanted to see how you did the grid-like movements.... I had you game before but lost it in an attempt to clear room.... you probably dont even have the thing anymore, and if you dont its fine...thanks both ways 8)

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

• 2 weeks later...