Create exe switch

zimy

I have 2 questions actually

1) How can i create my own custom switch, like what you would see for some programs (ex. install.exe -quiet)

2) I want a program to just sit in the system tray and activate a function at a certain time. I think im thinking waaaaaay to into it. :lmao:

Any direction is appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Moderators

1) How can i create my own custom switch, like what you would see for some programs (ex. install.exe -quiet)

2) I want a program to just sit in the system tray and activate a function at a certain time. I think im thinking waaaaaay to into it. :lmao:

Thanks in advance

1. Look at Command Line in the help file.

2. I have no idea what you're asking here.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Thanks in advance

Easy stuff.

1) Checkout the help file for the $CmdLine array, which contains a count of commandline parameters in $CmdLine[0], and the parameters themselves in $CmdLine[1] thru $CmdLine[n]. You'll find them listed under commandline parameters. In your example, install.exe -quiet, the result would be $CmdLine[0] = 1, and $CmdLine[1] = "-quiet".

2) You can use TimerInit()/TimerDiff() to select a delay in milisecs, or just keep checking the @Hour/@Min/@Sec macros for the time you want.

:ph34r:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law