Possible Eclipse Plugin

xrgarcia

I have used the eclipse platform and really dig it. I wondered if anyone has thought about a plugin that provides the same functionality as SCITe. If someone uses Subversion it is taken care of by subclipse.... anyway I just wanted to through that out there and see if anyone thinks its a good idea.

I hate to ask, but have you tried Scite4Autoit? It is the "official" editor of autoit, and has many Au3-specific functionality, including syntax checking, code tidying for messy coders, GUI builders and embedded debugging functionality among many other functions.

Who else would I be?

I think what he wants is an editor that supports all his languages. Theres no reason autoit couldnt be used with eclipse, just someone needs to figure out the details. And although scite is excellent, there would be advantages to being able to learn 1 ide and learn to use it efficiently, as opposed to using a gazillion ide's.

That is correct. I do like SciTE and use it when I do autoIT, but I have other obligations I would like a way to integrate all development into one IDE. AutoIT v2 was my first language and I have watched it grow since. I think it is something that could be useful.