Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anthony peters

Outlook 2003 Script

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am new to AutoIT and was wondering if someone could help me. I am looking for a basic script to automate a new user setup for Outlook.

The users will be connecting to an exchange server, and should be generic that I could possibly add to a group policy.

If anyone has a script like this, could you pint me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Hello,

I am new to AutoIT and was wondering if someone could help me. I am looking for a basic script to automate a new user setup for Outlook.

The users will be connecting to an exchange server, and should be generic that I could possibly add to a group policy.

If anyone has a script like this, could you pint me in the right direction?

Thank you,

You could use the ork for office 2003 and make an mst for the install. Do custum install and select to modify the program when you do. At that time when you go through creating the mst for the oulook file, you will be brought to a screen where you can customize the install and add the server name, and use %username% for the mailbox name for the user. If you wish, send me an instant message tomorrow when I am at work and awake, and I will help you out. Once you create the mst, then just run the command:

msiexec /i"<path>\msiname.msi" TRANSFORMS="<path>\mstfile.mst" /qn

The qn will be silent and no windows.

Hope this helps. I can be reached at joe.mangrum@yahoo on yahoo messenger during the day when I am in the office

Joseph MangrumCCNA, CNA, MCP, Network+