Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MaCgyver

Whats wrong w/URLDownloadToFile

7 posts in this topic

I have the latest version of the public and beta release. However I can't get the command to work. Can someone post up an example?

Below is what I saw in the help, but I am wondering if "oAutoIt" is supposed to be replaced with something.

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

oAutoIt.URLDownloadToFile "http://www.mozilla.org", "C:\foo.html"

oAutoIt.URLDownloadToFile "http://www.hiddensoft.com", "C:\mydownload.htm"

I have the latest version of the public and beta release. However I can't get the command to work.

Its even worse : I just downloaded autoit-v3.2.1.10 (the .zip file), and I can't even find that command .... :lmao:

By the way : "InetGet" looks to be doing what you want.

Its even worse : I just downloaded autoit-v3.2.1.10 (the .zip file), and I can't even find that command .... :lmao:

By the way : "InetGet" looks to be doing what you want.

Ok. I will look into that command.

Thanks

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

URLDownloadToFile was renamed to INetGet a long time ago, but it seems that

AutoIt still allows the old function-name as an alias. So there's nothing getting

worse, it's only that the name got better.

Edited by Helge

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks

You're welcome

So there's nothing getting worse

not getting worse, is worse.

Not getting a command to work is one thing. Not having a command (according to the documentation) is another (worse) thing. :lmao:

By the way : My reply was pretty-much a hint : "if all else fails read the manual" :ph34r:

Edited by BitRot

Not getting a command to work is one thing. Not having a command (according to the documentation) is another (worse) thing. :lmao:

By the way : My reply was pretty-much a hint : "if all else fails read the manual" :geek:

I used the word "getting" because as I said the function-name was changed. So when something

changes there's a process, and I felt that by using the word "getting" I placed the sentence in the

middle of this process in some way... sorry, that sounds kind of confusing I guess, but my English

is very limited so I guess that's the best I can do... nitpicker :ph34r:

And while we're at the btw's... my reply was pretty-much a hint : "the function was renamed" :)

And while we're at the btw's... my reply was pretty-much a hint : "the function was renamed" :ph34r:

For you (a long-time user I'm guessing) it was. For me (who only came to know AI from (its last stable) version v3.2.0.1) its just not there. :lmao:

As the OP did not indicate otherwise I had to assume that this was a first-time user, as long-time users would/should be aware of possible changes between versions, and have used the provided Help before anything else (whoops, that was is not ment as a put-down or anything like it, its just an observation).

I did however think he could possibly have confused the function-name (URLDownloadToFile) from Windows own "urlmon" DLL.