Whats wrong w/URLDownloadToFile

I have the latest version of the public and beta release. However I can't get the command to work. Can someone post up an example?

Below is what I saw in the help, but I am wondering if "oAutoIt" is supposed to be replaced with something.

Set oAutoIt = WScript.CreateObject("AutoItX3.Control")

oAutoIt.URLDownloadToFile "http://www.mozilla.org", "C:\foo.html"

oAutoIt.URLDownloadToFile "http://www.hiddensoft.com", "C:\mydownload.htm"

I have the latest version of the public and beta release. However I can't get the command to work.

Its even worse : I just downloaded autoit-v3.2.1.10 (the .zip file), and I can't even find that command .... :lmao:

By the way : "InetGet" looks to be doing what you want.

URLDownloadToFile was renamed to INetGet a long time ago, but it seems that

AutoIt still allows the old function-name as an alias. So there's nothing getting

worse, it's only that the name got better.

Edited by Helge

Thanks

You're welcome

So there's nothing getting worse

not getting worse, is worse.

Not getting a command to work is one thing. Not having a command (according to the documentation) is another (worse) thing. :lmao:

By the way : My reply was pretty-much a hint : "if all else fails read the manual" :ph34r:

Edited by BitRot

Not getting a command to work is one thing. Not having a command (according to the documentation) is another (worse) thing. :lmao:

By the way : My reply was pretty-much a hint : "if all else fails read the manual" :geek:

I used the word "getting" because as I said the function-name was changed. So when something

changes there's a process, and I felt that by using the word "getting" I placed the sentence in the

middle of this process in some way... sorry, that sounds kind of confusing I guess, but my English

is very limited so I guess that's the best I can do... nitpicker :ph34r:

And while we're at the btw's... my reply was pretty-much a hint : "the function was renamed" :)

And while we're at the btw's... my reply was pretty-much a hint : "the function was renamed" :ph34r:

For you (a long-time user I'm guessing) it was. For me (who only came to know AI from (its last stable) version v3.2.0.1) its just not there. :lmao:

As the OP did not indicate otherwise I had to assume that this was a first-time user, as long-time users would/should be aware of possible changes between versions, and have used the provided Help before anything else (whoops, that was is not ment as a put-down or anything like it, its just an observation).

I did however think he could possibly have confused the function-name (URLDownloadToFile) from Windows own "urlmon" DLL.