WebCam Motion Sensor possibilites?

Just wondering if anyone else has thought about this.

While my webcam sucks - free one that i got from comcast last year. I never use it, but i see a possibility. What if i could use my webcam to track motion in a room?

Here's what i'm thinking of:

I have a hard time waking up in the morning. I'm talking i live with housemates, but i wake up at 7:30am to get ready for work and get to work by 8:30. Being in college, all housemates wake up at like 10:00am or noon some days.

I usually get to bed way too late (studying for 4 classes (full time student) and putting in 35 hours a week at work is rough (weekdays only, and between 9 and 5 every day i'm at work!). So as you can tell, i'm a bit groggy in the morning (a lot!)

I hear that an average person's sleep cycle is 90 minutes long. The best time to wake up is in multiples of 90 minutes from when you fall asleep (basically, you are at your lighest level of sleeping, easiest to wake up)

I want to use my webcam to detect motion in the room. If it sees motion, it ranks the motion based on the amount of movement. The scale would be like 0 - 10 (10 being a party, 5 being walking past the camera normal speed). Whatever, just go with me here. Anyway, based on the rank, it will say ok - the person is sleeping now or not.

After it detects no motion above say a level 3 or something (tossing/turning in bed, cat hopping up on the bed) - it counts down - after say 10 minutes (have to do testing to find my average time from no movement to actually passing out completely), it will start a counter

It will then start calculating the optimal time around when you want to work out. IE, if you want ot wake up at 7:30, it will see within 30 minutes when is the best time to wake you. (30 minutes before, or on time, whatever)

I may add in algorithms for determining optimal time after i do some testing. to see what sort of time to wake up or methods of waking up work best for me.

I know my idea is far out, but not as far fetched as you would think. If you are like me - and take an hour of lying in bed just to fully wake up (and sometimes FALL BACK ASLEEP!), waking up properly makes all the difference in how the first half of your day will go!

I know there are various clocks out there that do this (one is a clock with a wireless watch you wear that monitors you body to determine optimal time to wake you up) - but i don't have a few hundred bucks to throw around. This is a much easier option!

Thanks for anyone who took the time to read all that and to whomever can help make this happen!

Or you could go through the Beep frquencies, until you find one that is silent, but hurts your ears, lol, maybe google frequencies, and maybe theres some frequencies that can wake you up? Just guessing, lol.

# MY LOVE FOR YOU... IS LIKE A TRUCK- #