Array variable subscript badly formatted

This simple script won't go. Always get the following error in console window:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (2122) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

Local $a_TableCells[$i_cols][$i_rows]

Local $a_TableCells[^ ERROR

I am using latest available AutoIt and Scite.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate()
WinSetState ("about:blank - Microsoft Internet Explorer", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.google.de")

$o_Table = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 1)
$o_TableData = _IETableWriteToArray($o_Table)
For $i = 0 To UBound($o_TableData) - 1
    For $y = 0 To UBound($o_TableData, 2) - 1
        ConsoleWrite($o_TableData[$i][$y] & @CRLF)
    Next
Next

• Developers

This simple script won't go. Always get the following error in console window:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (2122) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

I am using latest available AutoIt and Scite.

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate()
WinSetState ("about:blank - Microsoft Internet Explorer", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
_IENavigate ($oIE, "http://www.google.de")

ConsoleWrite($o_TableData[$i][$y] & @CRLF)
    Next
Next

Works fine for me... can you show the all output in the SciTE outputpane ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Works fine for me... can you show the all output in the SciTE outputpane ?

>"C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "E:\YRM\test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Programme\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

+> Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.7.3

>Running AU3Check (1.54.4.0) params: from:C:\Programme\AutoIt3\beta

+>AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.1.11):C:\Programme\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "E:\YRM\test2.au3"

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.977

• Developers

>"C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "E:\YRM\test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Programme\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.977

Strange, looks fine except: Just checked ie.au3 line 2122 and my version has that line on 2123 ... Did you make any changes in ie.au3?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Strange, looks fine except: Just checked ie.au3 line 2122 and my version has that line on 2123 ... Did you make any changes in ie.au3?

No. Just redownloaded and installed latest AutoIt beta.

My version also has this line on 2123 but console window shows always line 2122

Don't know why?!

Edited by Longneck

• Developers

No. Just redownloaded and installed latest AutoIt beta.

My version also has this line on 2123 but console window shows always line 2122

Don't know why?!

What IE version are you using ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

What IE version are you using ?

IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp2_gdr.050301-1519

In the mean time error message changed to line 2123

>"C:\Programme\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "E:\YRM\test2.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Programme\AutoIt3" /UserParams

>Running AU3Check (1.54.3.0) params: from:C:\Programme\AutoIt3

>Running:(3.2.0.1):C:\Programme\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "E:\YRM\test2.au3"

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\IE.au3 (2123) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.368

• Developers

can you renamed the ie.au3 and save the attached in the Beta\include directory, then run your script and see what the values for $i_cols and $i_rows are ..(they will be displayed in the outputpane)

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

can you renamed the ie.au3 and save the attached in the Beta\include directory, then run your script and see what the values for $i_cols and $i_rows are ..(they will be displayed in the outputpane)

Here's the result:

@@ Debug(2122) : $i_cols = 0

>Error code: -2147467262

@@ Debug(2122) : $i_rows = 2

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (2124) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.067

• Developers

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\IE.au3 (2124) : ==> Array variable subscript badly formatted.:

>Exit code: 0 Time: 4.067

That explains your error $i_cols = 0 so the function is trying to create an Array with 0 subscripts.

Maybe Dale knows why its doing this ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Anyway thx for your efforts.

Maybe Dale can help me out.

I cannot reproduce this either. The table you are trying to access looks like the data below (I've reformatted) and the $i_cols should equal 3, not 0.

<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0>
<tr>
<td width=25%>
    &nbsp;
</td>
<td align=center>
    <input type=hidden name=hl value=de>
    <input maxlength=2048 size=55 name=q value="" title="Google-Suche"><br>
    <input type=submit value="Google-Suche" name=btnG>
    <input type=submit value="Auf gut Glück!" name=btnI>
</td>
<td valign=top nowrap width=25%>
    <font size=-2>&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href=/advanced_search?hl=de>Erweiterte Suche</a><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href=/preferences?hl=de>Einstellungen</a><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;
    <a href=/language_tools?hl=de>Sprachtools</a>
    </font>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan=3 align=center><font size=-1>Suche: 
    <input id=all type=radio name=meta value="" checked>
    <label for=all> Das Web </label>
    <input id=lgr type=radio name=meta value="lr=lang_de" >
    <label for=lgr> Seiten auf Deutsch </label>
    <input id=cty type=radio name=meta value="cr=countryDE" >
    <label for=cty> Seiten aus Deutschland </label>
    </font>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

For testing, I modified your code a bit:

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("http://www.google.de")
ConsoleWrite($o_Table.outerHTML & @CR & "-----------------------" & @CR)
        ConsoleWrite("[" & $i & "]" & "[" & $y & "]: " & _
            $o_TableData[$i][$y] & @CRLF)
    Next
NextoÝ÷ ضØ^±êÞ²ém±«­¢+ØÐíIÕ¹¹¥¹è ̸ȸÀ¸Ä¤éèÀäÈíAɽɴ¥±ÌÀäÈíÕѽ%ÐÌÀäÈíÕѽ¥Ð̹áÅÕ½ÐíèÀäÈíÕѽ%ÑMÉ¥ÁÑÌÀäÈíѵÀµÕÉɱ°¹ÔÌÅÕ½Ðì((±ÐíQ  1±±MÁ¥¹ôÀ±±A¥¹ôÀÐì±ÐíQ    =dÐì(±ÐíQHÐì(±ÐíQÝ¥Ñ ôÅÕ½ÐìÈÔÅÕ½ÐìÐìµÀí¹ÍÀì±Ðì½QÐì(±ÐíQ±¥¸õµ¥±Ðì±Ðí%9AUPÑåÁõ¡¥¸Ù±Õõ¹µõ¡°Ðì±Ðí%9AUPѥѱõ½½±µMÕ¡µá1¹Ñ ôÈÀÐàÍ¥éôÔÔ¹µõÄÐì±Ðí    HÐì±Ðí%9AUPÑåÁõÍÕµ¥ÐÙ±Õõ½½±µMÕ¡¹µõѹÐì±Ðí%9AUPÑåÁõÍÕµ¥ÐÙ±ÕôÅÕ½ÐíÕÕгñ¬ÌÌìÅÕ½Ðì¹µõѹ$Ðì±Ðì½QÐì(±ÐíQÙ±¥¸õѽÀ¹½]ÉÀÝ¥Ñ ôÅÕ½ÐìÈÔÅÕ½ÐìÐì±Ðí=9PÍ¥éô´ÈÐìµÀí¹ÍÀìµÀí¹ÍÀì±Ðí¡ÉôÅÕ½Ðì½Ù¹}ÍÉ ý¡°õÅÕ½ÐìÐíÉÝ¥ÑÉÑMÕ¡±Ðì½Ðì±Ðí  HÐìµÀí¹ÍÀìµÀí¹ÍÀì±Ðí¡ÉôÅÕ½Ðì½ÁÉɹÌý¡°õÅÕ½ÐìÐí¥¹Íѱ±Õ¹¸±Ðì½Ðì±Ðí   HÐìµÀí¹ÍÀìµÀí¹ÍÀì±Ðí¡ÉôÅÕ½Ðì½±¹Õ}ѽ½±Ìý¡°õÅÕ½ÐìÐíMÁɡѽ½±Ì±Ðì½Ðì±Ðì½=9PÐì±Ðì½QÐì±Ðì½QHÐì(±ÐíQHÐì(±ÐíQ±¥¸õµ¥±½±MÁ¸ôÌÐì±Ðí=9PÍ¥éô´ÄÐíMÕ¡è±Ðí%9AUP¥õ±°ÑåÁõÉ¥¼
!
-Ù±ÕôÅÕ½ÐìÅÕ½Ðì¹µõµÑÐì±Ðí1  0½Èõ±°ÐìÌ]±Ðì½1 0Ðì±Ðí%9AUP¥õ±ÈÑåÁõÉ¥¼Ù±Õõ±Èõ±¹}¹µõµÑÐì±Ðí1  0½Èõ±ÈÐìM¥Ñ¸ÕÕÑÍ ±Ðì½1    0Ðì±Ðí%9AUP¥õÑäÑåÁõÉ¥¼Ù±ÕõÈõ½Õ¹ÑÉå¹µõµÑÐì±Ðí1 0½ÈõÑäÐìM¥Ñ¸ÕÌÕÑÍ¡±¹±Ðì½1 0Ðì±Ðì½=9PÐì±Ðì½QÐì±Ðì½QHÐì±Ðì½Q    =dÐì±Ðì½Q 1Ðì(´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´)lÁulÁtè)lÁulÅtèMÕ¡èÌ]M¥Ñ¸ÕÕÑÍ M¥Ñ¸ÕÌÕÑÍ¡±¹)lÅulÁtèÀ)lÅulÅtè)lÉulÁtèÉÝ¥ÑÉÑMÕ¡(¥¹Íѱ±Õ¹¸(MÁɡѽ½±Ì)lÉulÅtè(¬ÐíÕѽ%P̹ṹÉè

I can think of no good reason that your results would be different.

My next suggestion would be to get out of all IE windows and then check the task manager to insure that you no longer have any IEXPLORE.EXE processes running -- kill them if so. Obviously logging out or rebooting would get the same result. Then test again and report your results.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I can think of no good reason that your results would be different.

My next suggestion would be to get out of all IE windows and then check the task manager to insure that you no longer have any IEXPLORE.EXE processes running -- kill them if so. Obviously logging out or rebooting would get the same result. Then test again and report your results.

Dale

After several restarts, multiple apps killed in the task manager - always the same.

Only one IEXPLORE.EXE process but the error remains. Here's the SciTe output from your modified code:

>Running AU3Check (1.54.4.0)  params:  from:C:\Programme\AutoIt3\beta

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY>
<TR>
<TD width="25%"> </TD>
<TD align=middle><INPUT type=hidden value=de name=hl><INPUT title=Google-Suche maxLength=2048 size=55 name=q><BR><INPUT type=submit value=Google-Suche name=btnG><INPUT type=submit value="Auf gut Glück!" name=btnI></TD>
<TD vAlign=top noWrap width="25%"><FONT size=-2>  <A href="/advanced_search?hl=de">Erweiterte Suche</A><BR>  <A href="/preferences?hl=de">Einstellungen</A><BR>  <A href="/language_tools?hl=de">Sprachtools</A></FONT></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=middle colSpan=3><FONT size=-1>Suche: <INPUT id=all type=radio CHECKED value="" name=meta><LABEL for=all> Das Web </LABEL><INPUT id=lgr type=radio value=lr=lang_de name=meta><LABEL for=lgr> Seiten auf Deutsch </LABEL><INPUT id=cty type=radio value=cr=countryDE name=meta><LABEL for=cty> Seiten aus Deutschland </LABEL></FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
-----------------------
>Exit code: 0   Time: 3.489

This doesn't make sense taht you would get different results that Jos and I. Can you think of any reason that your environment would be different than ours?

Custom browser? Local language set on your system? ???

What we'll need to do next is copy the _IETableWriteToArray function into your script and give it a new name and then call it instead. Then pepper the function with debug statements to see why $i_cols is not getting set to a non-zero value.

I don't have time to set up a test version now, so if you can make some progress, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll put a test version together when I have a little time.

thanks,

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

This doesn't make sense taht you would get different results that Jos and I. Can you think of any reason that your environment would be different than ours?

Custom browser? Local language set on your system? ???

What we'll need to do next is copy the _IETableWriteToArray function into your script and give it a new name and then call it instead. Then pepper the function with debug statements to see why $i_cols is not getting set to a non-zero value.

I don't have time to set up a test version now, so if you can make some progress, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll put a test version together when I have a little time.

thanks,

Dale

I just installed a quick second installation of win xp (german) on my laptop and now it works. This is a clean installation with all available windows updates. The only installed apps are autoit and scite.

I dont have a clue where's the difference to the other installation, but i will look for it.

In the meantime i will try your suggestions and tell you the result.

thx

• 5 years later...

I have encountered a similar issue with the same Error Message, but in reviewing the Web Page and the Tables in the page, I see there is a table defined with no <TR> and no <TD> elements. It is a NULL table with no contents, and I believe that may be the cause of my issue. Not a timing issue as noted in another post, and not caused by environment of the client nor the browser version. Just a simple definition issue by the Web Page Developer in defining a <TABLE ....> with no rows or cells of information. Can someone else verify that this would cause this error and how do I go about finding a fix for this issue? Do I need to review the code in the Function Library for IE and attempt to give feedback or do I open a bug report(?) for this? Any guidence would be appreciated.