AutowriterIII with v102??

I dl the beta 102 and it seems that a script helper should have come with it. It didn't. :D

Here's the reference from a usenet group:

"Hey, you have downloaded the lastest AutoIt beta, right? Go

see and find that "autowriterIII" come with AutoIt, it can

record macro if you don't want to write everything up. I

think you may find it useful."

Where can I find this autowriterIII for dl, pls? I googled for it but _nothing_ came up. I've tried 3 script helper programs (the latest being Scite). Must be me, but can't get them to work so hoping this autowriterIII is better and actually does the job.

Thanks!

You are correct that it does not come with the 102 beta. The beta is kept light on purpose since users of the unstable version download it whenever a new build is released. You'll notice the icons don't appear in it either for compiling, so you must save those from the official 101 release if you wish to keep them.

As for the AutoWriter that has been converted for use with AutoIt version 3, it is now called Au3ScriptWriter, which is why your forum serach turned up nothing. Because you did try to search first, here's a direct link (for your efforts :D )

You might also find the SciTe or Crimson editors helpful as well (both freeware and very customizable.)

Grammar edit

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Hmmmm.... They have AU3scriptwriter http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...au3scriptwriter that is an AutoIt macro recorder. Larry did a great job, it is limited, but is great for newbies, easy to use, understand, and AutoIt focused. I really, really wish he continues to develop it. From what I've read, they may do so sometime in the future.

They have SciTe and Crimson, which are multi-purpose editors that are for writing other languages and the experienced or pros seem to like them. Both SciTe and Crimson have some modifications for AutoIt. One of the SciTe guys typed they use LUA for the macro recorder, so I don't know what you are going to make of it. You can do a search on those names and stuff will pop up about them.

Ooopsss... Pekster beat me to it... One thing for sure, guys around here will answer questions and that is truly great.

Edited by autoitNOW
An ADVOCATE for AutoIT

Hmmmm.... They have AU3scriptwriter http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...au3scriptwriter that is an AutoIt macro recorder.  Larry did a great job, it is limited, but is great for newbies, easy to use, understand, and AutoIt focused.  I really, really wish he continues to develop it.  From what I've read, they may do so sometime in the future.

They have SciTe and Crimson, which are multi-purpose editors that are for writing other languages and the experienced or pros seem to like them.  Both SciTe and Crimson have some modifications for AutoIt.  One of the SciTe guys typed they use LUA for the macro recorder, so I don't know what you are going to make of it.  You can do a search on those names and stuff will pop up about them.

Ooopsss... Pekster beat me to it...  One thing  for sure, guys around here will answer questions and that is truly great.

Thank you!

I got Au3ScriptWriter III and it's the best of the lot that I tried! It helped me out completely with a problem I was having.

It writes a lot of extraneous code, i.e., instead of typing in capitals, it'll type in the shift key, then the text, then the shift key again <g>. But it solved a problem with quotations marks I was having. Since quotes are part of the send syntax, understandably they were getting screwed up. But AU3SWIII dealt with typing "" as this:

{SHIFTDOWN}''{SHIFTUP}

Pretty ingenious and made me realize another way of thinking of things when I'm working with keystroke scripting.

Thank you, everyone, for the great help!

(p.s., I'm guessing that the person who dl the beta initially had this bundled with it? and it's, since then, been taken out. He says that he got it with AU3 beta 102.)