Using rundll32 - Control Panel Calls

Hi, first time using this software, was recommended it by someone on a C programming forum to do what i need.

Basically i need a .exe to go into control panel, open up sounds/audio devices and change the default playback device from my headset to my soundcard/speakers. Simple enough its about 7 clicks of a mouse.

The thing is i will be doing this several times a day so i need at least a .exe to go from, then i can map it to a keyboard shortcut etc...

My question is pretty much "How do you do it" Ive gone through some of the tutorials and they dont seem to touch on what i need, mainly things like sending to notepad etc...

Any help is much MUCH appreciated, thanks

dragon2309

• Moderators

Hi, first time using this software, was recommended it by someone on a C programming forum to do what i need.

Basically i need a .exe to go into control panel, open up sounds/audio devices and change the default playback device from my headset to my soundcard/speakers. Simple enough its about 7 clicks of a mouse.

The thing is i will be doing this several times a day so i need at least a .exe to go from, then i can map it to a keyboard shortcut etc...

My question is pretty much "How do you do it" Ive gone through some of the tutorials and they dont seem to touch on what i need, mainly things like sending to notepad etc...

Any help is much MUCH appreciated, thanks

dragon2309

The Run+ control desk.cpl options is what your looking for.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ontrol+desk.cpl

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

oooh, ok, did a bit of searching on your recommendation there and found that the sound/audio settings box is actually "mmsys.cpl"

So, i can run that, now all i need to do is change the tab focus to "Audio" and then select one of either entry in the drop down box.

Any help on that one or is it really simple, remember ive not used this before, its all new...

thanks again

dragon2309

• Moderators

oooh, ok, did a bit of searching on your recommendation there and found that the sound/audio settings box is actually "mmsys.cpl"

So, i can run that, now all i need to do is change the tab focus to "Audio" and then select one of either entry in the drop down box.

Any help on that one or is it really simple, remember ive not used this before, its all new...

thanks again

dragon2309

Well, you've programmed in C (so I'm assuming by your post). I would look to see if there were any Control* functions in AutoIt, then work with them using the Au3Info.exe to get my Control ID or ClassNameNN.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.