Followers 0
Albretch

DOC2RTF automation

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have been trying to find some way to automate DOC2RTF conversion

I read about RTF plugins using autoit:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...7849&hl=RTF

But I wonder if someone has coded already some utility to read in from a file a line with the Path/FIle Name to a Word ".doc" file and convert it to an RTF one somewhere else?

Thanks

Albretch

Hi,

I have been trying to find some way to automate DOC2RTF conversion

I read about RTF plugins using autoit:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...7849&hl=RTF

But I wonder if someone has coded already some utility to read in from a file a line with the Path/FIle Name to a Word ".doc" file and convert it to an RTF one somewhere else?

Thanks

Albretch

Big_daddy's Word COM library will allow you to open a Word document and save it back as an RTF. This is much better than trying to parse through a Word document line by line, unless of course you don't have Word on the system.

Key functions in this library for you to check out are _WordCreate() and _WordDocSaveAs().

Big_daddy's Word Library

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]