Quick Time COM Objects

dufran3

I am attempting to get my hands dirty in some objects. I don't really understand much about how they work and such, however I read the COM Object page that is available here. I am trying to change 2 settings for Quick Time, the free version. I am trying to disable automatic updates, and remove the icon from the tray. I can accomplish this of course using the GUI, but I am trying to learn how to use objects. I downloaded the OLE/COM object viewer as it says to do in the documentation about objects. I found some things in here relating to Quick Time, but I am not sure about the best way to find what I am looking for. Can someone point me into the right direction?

Modify the settings on one machine and then copy the files needed to each machine after install

7.x version also keeps some of the configuration settings in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple Computer\QuickTime\QuickTime.qtp

In order to turn off Hot Picks the .xml needs to be placed in each user's QuickTime Profile

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Apple Computer\QuickTime\QTPlayerSession.xml

To remove the Tray Icon, and to stop qttask from running at start-up

Registry write/create

set "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.\QuickTime\ActiveX\QTTaskRunFlags to 2

Registry Delete

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\QuickTime Task"

good luck with com objects

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

That will work, really wanted to try and pwn some COM objects, or get pwned, either way. But this will work for now. Thx for the help!

Apple provides a complete SDK for COM/ActiveX programming of QuickTime:

QuickTime Automation

Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Of course, the included examples will be written in languages other than AutoIt, but 99% of the fun is in figuring out how to make the translation. Enjoy! :whistle:

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]