Unknown IE error....

orange

it doens't seem to do anything for or against me but it really slows things down.

I get this error when I run an embedded _IE window.

--> IE.au3 Warning from function _IECreate (Foreground Window Unlock Failed!)

what does this mean?

it doens't seem to do anything for or against me but it really slows things down.

I get this error when I run an embedded _IE window.

--> IE.au3 Warning from function _IECreate (Foreground Window Unlock Failed!)

what does this mean?

Most likely what it means is that you are running an old test version of IE.au3 - specifically T2.0-3 6/1/06. Use _IE_Version_Info() to verify your version. That version erroneously generated that warning whenever you used _IECreate with takeFocus or visible set to False (whether there was a ptoblem or not).

Another possibility is taht you may be running an old(er) version of Windows (it needs Windows 2000/Windows ME or higher).

The specific issue has to do with a routine that prevents a newly created browser window from taking focus (visible or not) by locking focus on the foreground window momentarily.

If your scenario does not match these, I will be very anxious to know more so that I can anticipate the issue in code.

RSVP.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

thanks for the reply. My respective versions are:

Windows XP Pro SP2

T2.0-5

07-03-2006

Here's what Im doing. I have an embedded IE page in a fullscreen GUI, that loads an HTML off the computer. It hangs for a bit, then gives the warning, and goes on with business as usual.

Any suggestions?

The source for this is over 3200 lines before includes and installed images and programs. Its big.

http://schedulerpro.case.edu is the devoted site for the program

Edited by orange

Thanks -- versions all look good.

Is this reproducible? Or is it intermittent?

Perhaps you can try this nice new debugger here http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...;hl=debug+SciTe to narrow down the code... JdeB's integration of it into SciTe found there would work quite nicely.

Note that you can suppress the error display if you wish by setting the global $_IEErrorNotify to False.

Dale

Edit: typos

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble