Need help grabbing text from object

Hello,

I am playing a game and I would like to be able to calculate xp per hour. There is an object in the game that displays for example "129 Experience Gained!". I need to somehow grab this text but not sure how with AutoIt.

I tried using the AutoIT v3 Active Window Info but I was unsuccessful in figuring out how get that tool to show me the object info that contains the text. It appears that the entire window frame is the only object that is viewable with the Window Info tool.

I know there has to be a way but I am new at this and I expect to run into some walls while I'm learning.

Please help...

Hello,

I am playing a game and I would like to be able to calculate xp per hour. There is an object in the game that displays for example "129 Experience Gained!". I need to somehow grab this text but not sure how with AutoIt.

I tried using the AutoIT v3 Active Window Info but I was unsuccessful in figuring out how get that tool to show me the object info that contains the text. It appears that the entire window frame is the only object that is viewable with the Window Info tool.

I know there has to be a way but I am new at this and I expect to run into some walls while I'm learning.

Please help...

Easy...write a simple OCR.

Good luck!

Perhaps that was a bit rude, but without hacking into and decrypting the live data stream, parsing it, then re-encrypting it to pass through, there's little you can do about getting that text except develop an OCR.

What game is it?

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Free MMO called Last Chaos. I didn't realize it would be that difficult. I figured that since the message is displayed to me in text that I should be able to grab the text from the object.

Just because the MMO's internal rendering engine displays plain text at a specific (X, Y) on the screen does not mean that it's transparent to the rest of the Windows System.

Like I said earlier, you'll have to hook into the graphics interface dll, the .exe, or the datastream to get your text in a raw form without having to build an OCR. And to do THAT, you'll need something a bit more robust than AutoIt. I'm sure it CAN be done ... but I wouldn't want to try it in this language.

The OCR part is much more simple, though just as irritating since you'll have to get a PixelCheckSum() for each letter/number you want to search for. Keep in mind that the second you change screen resolutions, you'll have to re-develop the formulae. Same with moving the text box that's on the screen. It would have to stay in the same ... say ... quadrant to make the code fast enough to be able to react in time and/or keep your system from being sluggish.

EDIT:

http://lastchaos-bot.darkbb.com/

If you're looking for a bot, check there. Google is a good friend.

Edited by Blue_Drache

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache