pls advise how to send data to this kind of the box

bunny123

pls check attached the screenshot of the properties of the box. I have tried to use controlsend, controlsettext to send the string to that box. but did not work. any other solutions?

Please advise,

Thank you

Why not WinActivate() and Send() ??

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Since it is the quite complex interface, i need to use controlid to choose the box. I am able to capture the contronid, but cannot send the data into it. Please advise.

The box i cannot send the text is under "TYPE", the controlid of it is 33005,

Pleasa advise. Thank you

post-17725-1163793056_thumb.jpg

What do you mean, does not support Tab? If you press the tab-key on your keyboard, does it jump to the next control? If it doesn't you are dealing with a yet unknown control type, if it does you should rewrite your script so that it does work the way you expect it to.

Just as a side note, a script cannot mess up itself, only you can mess up a script.

Edited by Manadar

Can you control the window with just the keyboard? Like pressing Alt-UnderlinedLetter to focus on something and tab around?

Based on your dire description of the situation, it may be that it cannot easily be automated unless you use MouseClick commands, and trudge through it that way.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Well, the problem is apparently that the program you are using was not designed with automation in mind, or was designed to subvert automation attempts.

There is probably a way to do it, but without access to the program in question, we can't do much.

Maybe there's some kind of checking in the program to make sure it has focus. Try this, put a sleep(5000) at the beginning of your script, then run it. Then Click on your application, right where the Send commands are trying to go, and keep your mouse in that location.

If it doesn't pick up the Sends that way, you just might be out of luck.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

yes, on app. itself, most of the implementation can be done by the keyboard, tab, alt_xx and enter , but when applying those keys to the script, do not work. Please advise what the problem is.

Thank you

did you activate the windows (winactivate) before using send()??? Did you actually SEE that it was in front and had the input foucs?

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *