Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eidolon74

verify a directory's existence

4 posts in this topic

I am using a inputbox to allow the user to enter an installation directory. It is stored as $variable2. Is there anyway to check all local drives to see if this directory exists?

For example $variable2=d:\wis5

How would i design the program to check for this directory?

All help is appreciated.

do a drivegetdrive("fixed") then a for ... net loop of file exists... if you know it'll be in the root... otherwise, I guess you'd want to find or write a file search udf and use that in the for .. next

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

You could alternatively use FileSelectFolder, but it is completely graphical and does not allow the user to type a path.

Edit: Also, the docs say that FileExists($variable2) should work

Edited by CyberSlug

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

You could alternatively use FileSelectFolder, but it is completely graphical and does not allow the user to type a path.

Edit:  Also, the docs say that FileExists($variable2) should work

I've used the filesavediag to have the user create a folder. You can set your root dir that way too

Rick

Only $2.00 with Resale Rights How to Block Better for Martial Artists and NonMartial Artistshttp://kirkhamsebooks.com/MartialArts/Bloc...tterEbook_m.htm