Logging Every Line

I know _FileWriteLog will write to a log, but is there any way to log every single line in a script, so I can see which have been executed so far? Short of wrting _FileWriteLog after every line? All I really need is which functions were called in which order.

You'd have to call some function before each line. Come to think of it, that's an idea for a script I could write. You point it to your au3 source, and it will add in this small routine before each line that writes something to a log. It will gives line numbers that coorliate to your original source, so if you see it stops execution on line 8 in the output log file, you match it up with line 8 of your original source. Basically the "debug" version of the au3 will be for execution and logging purposes only.

I might be able to fit that into my schedgule today, but if not I'll aim for sometime tomorow for finishing it. I'll put a responce here linking to the "scripts and scraps" entry that describes it when I'm done. There will also be a new mention of it in my signature.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I am looking adding that functionality in the debug verision that will be written when I can find enough time to do it, maybe in August. :ph34r:

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

I have created a line debugger that writes a line to a file with the line number of the script that was just executed. See this thread for a more detailed explaination and comment on it.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.