Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
florisch

Scite Problem: no syntax highlighting

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I have just installed the actual versions of autoit and Scite. But au3 files do not get handled correct.

What I have done:

as local administrator:

- uninstalled old scite

- uninstalled old autoit

- deleted the directory

- installed AutoIt (Other path than "program files". But this should not be the error?)

cutdown version of scite, syntax highlighting is working

- installed Scite (path of AutoIt was automatically found by the installer)

Well, now Scite is there with all the tools and stuff, but au3 ist shown as normal text. Shift-F12 does not change anything. Other languages work, changing to, e.g. Properties shows some (useless) syntax highlighting.

Whats wrong there? I uninstalled both and installed only AutoIt again, in order to work with the cutdown version, but I want to use some of the features of the full Scite version.

Edited by florisch

I have just installed the actual versions of autoit and Scite. But au3 files do not get handled correct.

What I have done:

as local administrator:

- uninstalled old scite

- uninstalled old autoit

- deleted the directory

- installed AutoIt (Other path than "program files". But this should not be the error?)

cutdown version of scite, syntax highlighting is working

- installed Scite (path of AutoIt was automatically found by the installer)

Well, now Scite is there with all the tools and stuff, but au3 ist shown as normal text. Shift-F12 does not change anything. Other languages work, changing to, e.g. Properties shows some (useless) syntax highlighting.

Whats wrong there? I uninstalled both and installed only AutoIt again, in order to work with the cutdown version, but I want to use some of the features of the full Scite version.

Select in SciTE: Options/Open User options file. Check if it contains information and make it empty if there is anything ...(you can save it first with a different name)

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Thanks for your help, but user option file is empty.

Besides, what can be there? I installed from scratch into a new directory, there was no old data. Scite lite works, full version does not.

I just discovered something:

Of course I am not working with an admin account. When I log in as admin, everything is working fine.

And another thing: .au3 is not recognized as an autoitscript when I'm not admin.

Well, I will try that: uninstall as admin and install as normal user. Lets see if I run into problems.

Oh, one more parameter which may be important in this problem: I am using a german WinXP

AutoIt cannot be installed without admin rights . . .

So I installed AutoIt as admin and Scite as normal user. Now Scite is working, with highlighting and all.

. . . seems like some installation configuration is done only for the installing user. But i dont know, Im no expert on that.

AutoIt cannot be installed without admin rights . . .

So I installed AutoIt as admin and Scite as normal user. Now Scite is working, with highlighting and all.

. . . seems like some installation configuration is done only for the installing user. But i dont know, Im no expert on that.

The only User config part is the SciTEUser.properties which is stored in the Users appdata.

The only thing i can imagine is that there is a Rights issue when its installed as ADmin...

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)