Auto-Repair Wireless Connection

Guest WirelessSux0rz

Guest WirelessSux0rz

Hi, I have been having wireless internet connection problems for just about forever and I have to constantly right click on the monitors icon by my clock and click "repair" every 5min to keep my connection online. It keeps on dropping constantly and I have looked over many fixes and none work for me.

I have been looking at your program trying to use the AutoIt Window Spy and here is what I get:

>>>>>>>>>>>>( Window Title )<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Repair Connection

(  classname=#32770  )

>>>>>>>>>>>( Mouse Position )<<<<<<<<<<<<

On Desktop: x: 595     y: 529

In Window: x: 350     y: 184

>>>>>>>>>>>>>( Pixel Color Under Mouse)<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dec: 15591915      Hex: 0xEDE9EB

>>>>>>>>>>>( Window Position )<<<<<<<<<<<

left: 245     top: 345     width: 542     height: 107

>>>>>>>>( Last Control Under Mouse )<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>( Status Bar Text )<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>>( Visible Window Text )<<<<<<<<<

OK

The Repair operation completed. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator or ISP.

>>>>>>>>>>( Hidden Window Text )<<<<<<<<<

Can anyone help me out? I don't know what to do from here and I really need a program like this and I know many others do as well. :ph34r:

Edited by WirelessSux0rz

Do you just need to release and renew your DHCP IP address from the wireless router? If so, you can use an ipconfig /release * and then a ipconfig /renew to renew your IP. The netsh library might also provide what you need to manipulate a specific connection.

If you're having wireless problems, especially every 5 minutes, you need to look at your wireless setup and not a way to renew your address. Your router is probably too far away or giving off too weak a signal to insure a solid link. Windows is supposed to automatically connect to any network you have listed in your "prefered networks" list, so the only reason you would be disconnected is if you physically loose the link between the router and your antenna.

You might look at what physical objects are between your machine and the router, the distance, and the type of equipment you're using. You can buy a wireless repeater to extend the range of your signal if repositioning or obtaining new equipment isn't an option.

At any rate, renewing your IP address isn't what's going to solve your problem. You need to figure out what's causing the wireless link to get interrupted.

Minor edit

Edited by pekster

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

What wireless card are you using? I had an SMC card that did that to me all of the time. I had to send it back to SMC for a replacement.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of SMART?