AutoIT in VMWare

• Moderators

I cannot get MouseMove to work on any Windows OS inside of VMWare. ;) Any Ideas?

I noticed that the other day myself, it does do a MouseClick() in the right location, just doesn't move the mouse with either MouseMove or MouseClick.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

This is a display issue, only. If you write a script such as:

MouseMove(30, @DesktopHeight - 20)
Run that on a "real" machine and it will hover over the Start button (On XP themed, at least). After a couple seconds you'll see a tooltip pop up. Run it in VMware and you'll still see the tooltip (and the Start button changes when it's hovered over). It's just something in VMware doesn't draw the cursor at the correct location. This very well may be fixed in a newer version of VMware/VMware Tools (It's not in my version but I know there is a version newer than mine that I haven't installed). But just to be totally clear, this "bug" does not affect the script in any way. The script will still work, VMware just doesn't update the cursor position correctly.