non-GUI release of 3.0.102?

Jon

• Administrators

Looks like there are some more suggestions for some big GUI code changes. I am considering stripping out the GUI code in order to release a stable 3.0.102 version this week. (Thanks to the new function code it is trivial to comment out entire sets of functions)

Thoughts?

The changelog without the GUI stuff looks like:

- Added: @DesktopDepth macro

- Changed: RunAsSet() supports extra profile handling options

- Changed: RegWrite accepts just the keyname to create a key (with no value)

- Added: ReDim

- Added: Command line option /ErrorStdOut

- Changed: Colors now default to the standard RGB format rather than the previous BGR format.

This affects PixelSearch, PixelGetColor

The "ColorMode" option has been added to allow old scripts to run with the old BGR mode, just

place this line at the top of your script to use the old method:

Opt("ColorMode", 1)

- Fixed: ToolTip() when the mouse is near the bottom of the screen

- Added: More command line params for Aut2Exe.exe: /nodecompile and /comp 0-4 (compression level, 4=best)

- Fixed: StringIsDigit()

- Fixed: Process... functions under NT4 unable to see certain processes (Cheers, AndrewL)

- Added: PID support for Process... and Run() functions

- Added: ProcessSetPriority()

- Changed: (Internal) Built-in function lookups completely rewritten

- Changed: File dialogs set to use NULL for parent window.

- Changed: "Allow Decompilation" option added to Aut2Exe

- Changed: Aut2Exe gives feedback during compilation and gives the option to abort

- Changed: Compiled scripts much faster when using FileInstall and medium/large files

- Added: Decompiler

- Added: PixelChecksum()

- Changed: Max number of user function limits removed

- Changed: Max number of variable limits removed

- Changed: -1 does no sleep at all for Send/Mouse delays (SendKeyDelay, etc...)

- Fixed: Hotkey registering logic

- Added: Strings starting with "0x" are converted from hex when used numerically

- Added: Multi-directory #include <> paths

- Changed: Multi-line tooltips for ToolTip()

- Changed: Optional occurance parameter added to StringInStr()

- Changed: Optional default filename added to FileOpenDialog() and FileSaveDialog()

- Added: MouseWheel()

- Added: FileRecycleEmpty() (IE4+ required)

- Added: RegEnumKey() and RegEnumVal()

- Changed: Registry functions accept 4 letters keys (HKLM etc)

- Changed: Remote registry keys are accepted in the form "\\computername\key\subkey" (works for NT/XP/2000 needs additional software on 9x)

- Changed: AutoItSetOption returns the previous setting

- Fixed: Some keywords incorrectly allowed after a THEN keyword

- Changed: (Internal) String functions speeded up (concat in astring and variants)

- Changed: (Internal) ControlSearch modified to include the windowsearch

I think the idea was to update the stable release, not hinder our use of the unstable GUI functions. The GUI is still a work in progress, and as such may change (like the need to call GuiShow() explicitly.) AFAIK, Jon just wants to put some of the general fixes and updates out there as a release for people that don't wish to use the unstable version.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

It sure would be nice to have a stable version of both Au3 and GUI. Maybe it would be best to have Jon go ahead and lay the GUI on top of that for those that need it. Someday they might sync up and deliver together.

I appreciate all this work on a great language, tools, support and ideas.

The GUI will not be put into the stable build until all the changes have been worked out. The whole point of the stable build is that it's not under constant change and redesign. If you need the GUI, use the beta.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Jon,

for those of us who require to deliver appkits into a production environment thru a configuration control board, it's much easier getting the appkit passed based on a stable AUTOIT version.

The problem for me is that the way GUI stuff is evolving is like the magical mystery tour. I could be mistaken but there seems to have been a lack of information to the users as to where you're going to draw a line the sand with the GUI for the 3.0.102 stable.

I'd say for the 3.0.102 stable go without the GUI, but from 3.0.103 include it with the general AU3 functions and give firm deadlines to the contributors of say 4 months between each new stable release.

Great effort from all involved!!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by AndrewL

4 months?! We would be lucky to get 4 hours. :ph34r: Well, maybe a week.

But, yes, the V3.0.102 stable should be released without the GUI as it is still a work in progress. It is hardly stable, but there are enough updates in 3.0.102 to justify the release of the new version. I believe that all the features that Jon has mentioned are working.

BTW, Jon, when you do the new release, could you create the Debug project? I think it should #define AUTOIT_DEBUG for that part of the project. I intend to use #debug commands inside the script to set flags and cause other debug actions to occur. These seem to get ignored when the #command is unknown, so the other projects will just ignore #debug.

Edited by Nutster

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...

Looks like there are some more suggestions for some big GUI code changes.  I am considering stripping out the GUI code in order to release a stable 3.0.102 version this week.

I'll add another vote of "Yay" for the stable 3.0.102 -GUI. It'll make me feel better when I submit code for our disaster recovery plan...

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

I guess I'll go ahead and put in my two-cents worth. As AndrewL said, it's tough getting ANY new software past a software review and approval process. If the software involved has the taint of 'beta' anywhere about it, it's the kiss of death. I have a new piece of equipment which needs a simple user interface to work with a relatively convoluted piece of communications software. AutoIt with the GUI functions looks like the ONLY thing that comes close to looking like it will work well. Things like WSH, VBS, and even REXX just won't cut it. I've tried. So I am waiting for a stable release. The beta product currently available works great!. As soon as a stable version is available, I am hoping to shift to high gear and get rid of a 'white elephant' that we've had sitting around for over a year doing nothing.

• Administrators

Did Holger ever submit FileGetShortcut ?

Will 3.0.102 include Seb's modifications to FileCreateShortcut (icon index and window state stuff)?

I think so, but I totally forgot about it and the changes to FileCreateShortcut - I'll hunt back through some posts.

That and I have to write the help file entry myself which always adds about 5 weeks to implementation time :ph34r:

Edited by Jon