Why wont my FileWrite work?

huldu

Hi

Im having problems with FileWrite to work in my script, sometimes i get it to work one time, then it stops work. Its so random, just no idea whats wrong.

The idea behind this script (will be GUI when im done), is to check if your connection is working. Everytime connection drops, it will log the time when it dropped, and log the time when the connection was resumed again.

The script works fairly well atm, just that the FileWrite isnt working too well.

Hope someone can help me clear this mess out ;)

test3.au3

"I'm paper, rock is fine, nerf scissors!!!"

• Developers

Hi

Im having problems with FileWrite to work in my script, sometimes i get it to work one time, then it stops work. Its so random, just no idea whats wrong.

The idea behind this script (will be GUI when im done), is to check if your connection is working. Everytime connection drops, it will log the time when it dropped, and log the time when the connection was resumed again.

The script works fairly well atm, just that the FileWrite isnt working too well.

Hope someone can help me clear this mess out ;)

shouldn't this:

$file = FileOpen(@scriptdir & "log.txt", 1)

be

$file = FileOpen(@scriptdir & "\log.txt", 1)

?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

shouldn't this:

$file = FileOpen(@scriptdir & "log.txt", 1)

be

$file = FileOpen(@scriptdir & "\log.txt", 1)

?

I tried using the \ but had the same result, so i never did anything about it. Again i added the \ but its the same thing, just wont work.

• Developers

I tried using the \ but had the same result, so i never did anything about it. Again i added the \ but its the same thing, just wont work.

can you be more explicit on what doesn't work ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Just did some more testing and this is what i found out sofar.

The info ONLY writes to log when i exit the script!. Why is it this way? it wont save anything during the run of the script!

• Developers

Just did some more testing and this is what i found out sofar.

The info ONLY writes to log when i exit the script!. Why is it this way? it wont save anything during the run of the script!

ok... you don't close the file after writing so you cannot use the file till you do so,...

Just skip the fileopen and change the filewrite to use the filename ...

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

ok... you don't close the file after writing so you cannot use the file till you do so,...

Just skip the fileopen and change the filewrite to use the filename ...

Thanks!

I changed the FileWrite thing to FileWrite(@scriptdir & "\log.txt") and now it writes to file in realtime.