Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mayor

Positions in Regular Expressions

3 posts in this topic

Hello....

I am porting some scripts over to v3.2.1.13 (beta). One of my scripts uses the "\#" feature of the old regular expression engine to find the current position of the matched string. I was wondering if there is support for this feature in the new engine. I looked at the beta doc and did not see anything like it listed. There are probably workarounds but it would be a big help if this feature was useable in the new regular expression engine. Anyone have any clues? Thanks for the help.

-M

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello....

I am porting some scripts over to v3.2.1.13 (beta). One of my scripts uses the "\#" feature of the old regular expression engine to find the current position of the matched string. I was wondering if there is support for this feature in the new engine. I looked at the beta doc and did not see anything like it listed. There are probably workarounds but it would be a big help if this feature was useable in the new regular expression engine. Anyone have any clues? Thanks for the help.

-M

Always one way to find out with a simple code example on your part. The answer is \# will look for #.

This may help you.

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html#Regular-Expressions

It's what I use for a reference with the new regexp.

Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Always one way to find out with a simple code example on your part. The answer is \# will look for #.

This may help you.

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlre.html#Regular-Expressions

It's what I use for a reference with the new regexp.

I know \# will now look for a literal pound sign.... just wondering if the position function was still there, just not documented, or maybe I had passed it over. Looking through that reference document, it doesnt look like it is supported. I have already implemented a fix using stringistr() but it would have been nice if the position stuff still worked. Oh well. Thanks anyway.