Not working script

Hi. First, sorry for my English. :-)

I've try to create sript for install one program. In middle of installing process the program install some additional componets. Befor this, it begin to install (or prepare) Windows Installer. When it finish to prepare installer, it take the little window with button "ok". And I can't to push this button by script. I,ve tried 3 different metods for this (via "ControlClick", "Send", "MouseClick"). But it looks like script is block and not working in this moment. Can anyone help me? Or this is impossible?

Thank you!!!

• Moderators

Hi. First, sorry for my English. :-)

I've try to create sript for install one program. In middle of installing process the program install some additional componets. Befor this, it begin to install (or prepare) Windows Installer. When it finish to prepare installer, it take the little window with button "ok". And I can't to push this button by script. I,ve tried 3 different metods for this (via "ControlClick", "Send", "MouseClick"). But it looks like script is block and not working in this moment. Can anyone help me? Or this is impossible?

Thank you!!!

Impossible to help you? Yes, considering you failed to post the script you are having an issue with.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

considering you failed to post the script you are having an issue with.

This is fragment of that script where I have issue:

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 Setup", "has completed successfully")

ControlClick("Microsoft Data Access Components 2.8 Setup", "has completed successfully", "Button4", "left", "1")

Sleep(15000)

ControlClick("Windows Installer", "", "Button2", "left", "1")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft XML Parser Setup", "on your computer")

ControlClick("Microsoft XML Parser Setup", "on your computer", "Button1", "left", "1")

There are finishing to install one component, then prepare Wnidows Installer, and then begin install other component.

MDAC is Microsoft stuff so is easy to silent install.

RunWait('"' & @ScriptDir & '\MDAC.exe" /q')

Good thing about M$ stuff is pass along the command line /? for help.

;)

Sorry, but I think that you not understand me. Maybe because of me bad English...

The MDAC installed without issue. After install MDAC, the program begin prepare Windows Installer for install Microsoft XML Parser. And I can't close little window from Windows installer where it write that Windows Installer ready (there button "ok"). And in this moment, as I told, it looks like script block and not working.

I hope you understand me... :-(

In your code, try AutoItSetOption("TrayIconDebug",1) to see where it's hanging.

Sorry, but I think that you not understand me. Maybe because of me bad English...

The MDAC installed without issue. After install MDAC, the program begin prepare Windows Installer for install Microsoft XML Parser. And I can't close little window from Windows installer where it write that Windows Installer ready (there button "ok"). And in this moment, as I told, it looks like script block and not working.

I hope you understand me... :-(

I'm glad it worked for you!

Another one that is very helpfully is:

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)     ;0=no, 1=require pre-declare

This helps to prevent the attack of "fat fingers" or type-o's.

This was very GREAT advice! :-)

Thank you very much! I found mistake, and now all ok.

All people should use this advice before writing here.