Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darren

WinWaitActive and Screen Saver

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have written a script that sits and waits (using WinWaitActive) for a certain window to popup. When the window pops up it closes it.

I am running on NT and Win2k and my problem is that if I have the screen locked via C-A-D - lock computer the winwaitactive does not return. As soon as I unlock the computer I see the popup and then it immediately gets killed by my utility. I have also tried to use WinWait instead - same result.

Any Ideas ? :ph34r:

... As soon as I unlock the computer I see the popup and then it immediately gets killed by my utility.

Isn't this what you said you designed your script to do? Wait for a window to exist and close it?

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Maybe he wants to kill the popup even before?

In that case we have to know how do you try to close the window.

Sending a keystroke may not work, but WinClose should.

Edited by ezzetabi

Sorry All - The problem was that I had 2 WinWaitActive calls. I had only changed one of them to WinWait. Once the screen lock was on the window was not deemed to be 'active' until I unlocked the screen.

Thanks for all replies ...