Sign in to follow this  
KJohn

Registry entry to allow activeX content

KJohn

I have a AutoIt executable which extracts HTML files and opens them in Internet Explorer.

Now these files contain Javascript which I use to display a floating [Jump to top] link on the lower right corner of the browser window.

I do not know the relation between Javascript and activeX content but the browser always displays the yellow bar at the top when displaying these pages. I know how to disable the yellow bar for 'activeX content in files stored on my PC', but does anyone know the registry entry for diabling it automatically on my end-users' machines without having them do it manually via Internet Options > Advanced > Security?

Note: The HTML files in question are always stored in the User's temp folder.

lod3n

It's because you're using IE to open a local javascript. IE doesn't allow that without confirming in the yellow bar. You can get around it with an embedded IE object. Take a look at _IECreateEmbedded in the help file.

[font="Fixedsys"][list][*]All of my AutoIt Example Scripts[*]http://saneasylum.com[/list][/font]

Joon

All under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones