Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spytek_98

Using windows messages listerning to remote control

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I hope some one can help me out. I want to listen to a particular process that is currently loaded in memory. The process that I want to listen to is a tv remote control device prgram that responds to button clicks on a remote. My challenge is some how listen to the button clicks and redirect them to another app.

I want to be able to listen to the windows messages coming from the remote control program, something like this

procedure TSomeThing_Control.WndProc(var Message: TMessage);

begin

if (Message.Msg >= WM_USER) and (Message.Msg < $8000) then

...;

inherited;

end;

How would I write this in AuoIt script? I'm assuming i would use GUIRegisterMsg but I have no idea how to listen to message from a specific process?

Thanks for your help

D

If you couldn't achieve something in AutoIt then I recommend to use combination of AutoIt with another language (C++, Delphi,...). You can write DLL or commandline or hidden GUI "helper app" and use it from AutoIt ...

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Is not that I couldn't do it in AutoIt, I want to know how it would be done in autoit?. That is how to Listen to window messages from a specific process (or app) that is currently in memory?

Edited by spytek_98

Is not that I couldn't do it in AutoIt, I want to know how it would be done in autoit?. That is how to Listen to window messages from a specific process (or app) that is currently in memory?

bump