Parsing Registry

sstouk

Registry export worked find for me when I executed regedit.exe /a "KEY" "FILE" on x86 Server

Now I am running the same command on X64 and the same command does not export the whole file.

If I create the same command in a batch file and execute it manually, it exports the whole registry key into a file as designed.

This makes little sense why would the same batch file executed from AutoIt32 v3 would produce different results than when same batch executed manualy.

It might be something to do with a new way of delegating security credentials in x64 but it's not a question here.

I am looking for an example subroutine that would parse the registry key for Keys and Values recersively and put them into a String Variable.

Anyone got an example with AutoIt32 v3?

Thanks.

Registry export worked find for me when I executed regedit.exe /a "KEY" "FILE" on x86 Server

Now I am running the same command on X64 and the same command does not export the whole file.

If I create the same command in a batch file and execute it manually, it exports the whole registry key into a file as designed.

This makes little sense why would the same batch file executed from AutoIt32 v3 would produce different results than when same batch executed manualy.

It might be something to do with a new way of delegating security credentials in x64 but it's not a question here.

I am looking for an example subroutine that would parse the registry key for Keys and Values recersively and put them into a String Variable.

Anyone got an example with AutoIt32 v3?

Thanks.

I enter a difficult area as the registry seen by a 32-bit process is different from a 64-bit process under a 64-bit running OS. I wrote some improvement to see both from a 32-bit process AutoIt script.

Look at the MSDN to see how to manage the interpretation :P