AutoIt3 Function Popup

Jos

• Developers

Just uploaded version 1.3.11 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe

It has the added functionality that it will dynamically updated the HelpWindow at the left of your screen while typing in Scite!!!!

Whenever you have activated the Help with F1 from FuncPopUP and you jumpback to Scite, the Helpwindow will update itself whenever the CurrentWord in Scite is a valid AutoIt Function. :ph34r:

Feedback is welcome...

Enjoy :(

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just uploaded version 1.3.11 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe

It has the added functionality that it will dynamically updated the HelpWindow at the left of your screen while typing in Scite!!!!

Whenever you have activated the Help with F1 from FuncPopUP and you jumpback to Scite, the Helpwindow will update itself whenever the CurrentWord in Scite is a valid AutoIt Function.  :ph34r:

Feedback is welcome...

Enjoy  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

very helpful. noticed that endfunc endif if func all don't pop to the helpfile, any way to have it guess on where to go in the help file if there's no exact match?

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

• Developers

very helpful.  noticed that endfunc endif if func all don't pop to the helpfile, any way to have it guess on where to go in the help file if there's no exact match?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The simple reason for this is that it only handles the Functions shown in the Functionlist. I actually took the HTML page from the helpfile as the basis since that was my prime intent to create a utility that would help the coding of functions.

It is slowly moving to be something else..... Don't know where it's going to end yet, guess that depends on what you all think would be useful..

It's really fun to code this Scite Director Interface and have the programs communicate in the background... opens lots of possibilities...

Thanks for the feedback...

:ph34r:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The simple reason for this is that it only handles the Functions shown in the Functionlist. I actually took the HTML page from the helpfile as the basis since that was my prime intent to create a utility that would help the coding of functions.

It is slowly moving to be something else.....  Don't know where it's going to end yet, guess that depends on what you all think would be useful..

It's really fun to code this Scite Director Interface and have the programs communicate in the background... opens lots of possibilities...

Thanks for the feedback...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahhhh, well, really people should be able to look those up, I think the background communication is great, very handy since I often type a command just to hit f1 to look it up. glad it's fun for you and handy for all of us, isn't that the way this is supposed to work? :(

• Developers

ahhhh, well, really people should be able to look those up, I think the background communication is great, very handy since I often type a command just to hit f1 to look it up.  glad it's fun for you and handy for all of us, isn't that the way this is supposed to work?  :ph34r:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could add the Keywords table for the dynamic help feature, but not showing it in the function selection list.... would that be a good plan ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Could add the Keywords table for the dynamic help feature, but not showing it in the function selection list....  would that be a good plan ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, I don't know why you wouldn't want the keywords in the Function selection list, why not have everything in there that's in the drop-down-while-you-type-deally-ma-jig?

You have my attention now, JdeB, what sort of things can be done via SciTE's interface? I've never looked into it. Can you create controls in SciTE through it? Obviously it grants access to some of the document itself. How does it communicate? Messages? Does it allow using pipes to communicate as well? You can PM or email me your answer if you'd prefer to keep this thread less technical than the answer to those questions.

• Developers

You have my attention now, JdeB, what sort of things can be done via SciTE's interface?  I've never looked into it.  Can you create controls in SciTE through it?  Obviously it grants access to some of the document itself.  How does it communicate?  Messages?  Does it allow using pipes to communicate as well?  You can PM or email me your answer if you'd prefer to keep this thread less technical than the answer to those questions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am using the SciTE Director Interface (SciTEDirector.html) which is a high level interface build on top of SciTE Extension Interface.

You just exchange Handles and use WM_COPYDATA to send info between the apps.

The SciTEDirector.html lists the comands that can be done, and I just did one time the "enumproperties:dyn|local|user|base|embed" which gave me a list of all info you can request Scite to give you... (will mail the list to you)

FuncPopUp is currently asking Scite for the Filename and Scite tells me everytime it changes files/tabs. It Also requests Scite for current selection info to be able to replace the "CurrentWord" with the new select Function.

When Scite has Focus, a timer routine asks Scite every .5 sec for the "CurrentWord" and when a match is found, displays the help info.

Let me know when you want more info...

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded 1.3 build 13 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe that has the http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/keywords.htm from the helpfile also included. (also needs to be downloaded to the FuncPopUp directory)

It will only be able to find thing that are in the list.. e.g.: the list contains If...ElseIf...Else...EndIf so it will find If but won't find ElseIf at this moment. It does INSERT however, when you select this particular entry, the bits on seperate lines like:

If 
 ;
ElseIf 
 ;
Else 
 ;
EndIf

Enjoy :ph34r:

EDIT: Uploaded build 13 which also finds ELSEIF/ELSE/ENDIF etc....

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Just uploaded 1.3 build 14 of http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe that has an extra option under Option:

* AutoHelp :Will start the Helpwindow when FuncPopUp is started.

* LeftSplit :Will Show both the FuncPopUp and The Helpwindow at the left side when Scite has the focus...(Just try it to see how it works...

To install FuncPopUp you need to download these files to the FuncPopUp subdir generated by the Scite4Autoit3 installer:

• http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/keywords.htm
  • http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/functions.htm
  • http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/funcpopup.exe
  • http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/funcpopup/au3.properties
Enjoy :ph34r:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

* AutoHelp :Will start the Helpwindow when FuncPopUp is started.

* LeftSplit :Will Show both the FuncPopUp and The Helpwindow at the left side when Scite has the focus...(Just try it to see how it works...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like it, I like it so much that I wish that when I hit F1 on a function in a script it would come up in that LeftSplit. Is that possible?

• Developers

I like it, I like it so much that I wish that when I hit F1 on a function in a script it would come up in that LeftSplit.  Is that possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:ph34r: mmm..... that should be possible... but how would you goto the helpfile "in the old way then" when that's needed?

Need to think a bit about how the whole thing should function.........

Anybody any ideas here ???

:(

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

:ph34r:  mmm..... that should be possible...  but how would you goto the helpfile "in the old way then" when that's needed?

Need to think a bit about how the whole thing should function.........

Anybody any ideas here ???

:(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hm. alt-ctrl-F1 to get helpfile as leftpane?

• Developers

hm.  alt-ctrl-F1 to get helpfile as leftpane?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uploaded build 15 that has an extra commandline option "-nf"

Added also a shortcut to au3.properties for Ctrl+Shit+F1 to start with this option..

Just downlaod both from the previous posted links.

Have a go and see what you think...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Uploaded build 15 that has an extra commandline option "-nf"

Added also a shortcut to au3.properties for Ctrl+Shit+F1 to start with this option..

Just downlaod both from the previous posted links.

Have a go and see what you think...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not sure that it's working. what I was hoping to see was hit the key combo and have the help entry for the current word in the left 'pane' it currently shows... hold on... clearing cache... nope, it still shows the list on the left and still waits for me to hit f1 to get the help entry...

this is what I'd hope to see on ctrl-shift-f1:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/emmanuel/funcpop.jpg

Edited by emmanuel

• Developers

not sure that it's working.  what I was hoping to see was hit the key combo and have the help entry for the current word in the left 'pane' it currently shows...  hold on... clearing cache...  nope, it  still shows the list on the left and still waits for me to hit f1 to get the help entry...

this is what I'd hope to see on ctrl-shift-f1:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am lost... don't follow what you are looking for here... could you pls explain in another way for me ??

ps. you have the SplitLeft option ticked ?

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I was hoping that when funcpopup isn't running at all, I could hit a key combo in scite and get the left pane split of the helpfile... and yes, turning on splitleft does it just about right. Hadn't realized that I'd have to check an option. Great :( ! JdeB :lol: to the rescue once more!

I'm just a :ph34r:

edit: one more thing, there's some odd behavior of funcpopup seeming to prefer the full height setting amongst alt-tabbing between scite, the helpfile and funcpopup. I click funcpopup, the helpfile fills the right side, I click the helpfile, alt-tab to scite, and the funcpopup stays full height until I go back to funcpopup and then straight back to scite from it. just some odd behavior.

Edited by emmanuel

• Developers

I was hoping that when funcpopup isn't running at all, I could hit a key combo in scite and get the left pane split of the helpfile...  and yes, turning on splitleft does it just about right.  Hadn't realized that I'd have to check an option.  Great :( !  JdeB :lol:  to the rescue once more!

I'm just a  :ph34r:

No worries... just didn't understand you... i didn't want to override the selections made in the option menu. :D

edit: one more thing, there's some odd behavior of funcpopup seeming to prefer the full height setting amongst alt-tabbing between scite, the helpfile and funcpopup.  I click funcpopup, the helpfile fills the right side, I click the helpfile, alt-tab to scite, and the funcpopup stays full height until I go back to funcpopup and then straight back to scite from it.  just some odd behavior.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The reason is that at the time funcpopup loses the focus, it checks if it went to Scite. Only then the windows are resized. this is done because you don't want to do the resizing stuff when you jump to another window.

I will have a look now to see if the check can be done in the build in timer, where i also do the Helpfile stuff now....

:lol:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.