Open Shortcut

parkerbl

Hey guys...I have once again came to seek the help from you guys. I'm sure that it is something really simple, and it might be something that I am overlooking, but I can't seem to find anything to resolve this. What I am wanting to do basically is this. I need a program that is constantly running and checking to see if IE is running. If IE is terminated, it opens up a new window according to that shortcut. So, I have this program in a constant while loop checking to see if the IE process exists, and if it doesn't exist, then run that shortcut. I can't just open a new IE window, because the shortcut runs an IE window that is a full screen document. So basically is there any way to just run a shortcut in the same directory. Thanks if advance guys.

Well, I have seemed to figure out some kind of solution for it. I just have the AutoIT script in a loop testing to see if the internet explorer process exists, and if it doesn't, then run a batch file that points to that shortcut. But when that AutoIT script is running that is checking to see if the internet explorer window is open, it is a loop and it is taking up 98/99 percent of memory. Is there any other way to constantly monitor the processes, and open a process if one is closed?

Hey guys, thanks for the help so much. All of you guys have been a tremendous help. Here's what I ended up doing that seems to work fine:

CODE
Run("C:\run.bat")

ProcessWait("iexplore.exe")

Call("process")

Func process()

ProcessWaitClose("iexplore.exe")

Call("process")

EndFunc

parkerbl... You obviously don't understand the use of Call. Call is to be used when you don't know

the function-name to call at the time you write the script, and can be used to create dynamic scripts :

$num = @SEC
Call("myfunc" & $num)oÝ÷ Ù*,wʤ-çîËb¢yÚæ­¶­g²¢ì+×­ë®*m¶«{lÞjÊ'¶¬x&¥»­{-y§r¢ë!¢é]q©e¶ºw-Ý·¶¥G­+ºÚ"µÍØÙÜÊ
oÝ÷ Ù'¢weË*.ßÚÞ±Êâ¦Ü"W«®èºÖµêÚÂ¥zȧq쨺·îËb¢yÚçjºi®²Ê®¢×["¶Ç¥~W¾)àÙèÁ¬­¡ëj­çîËb¢r7ö÷®±çZ²v¤y«ëZ¦+mçè­æ§u¨|Z²v¤y¸­x"·l£  íj)H·¥éݺ"¶h¶ÊnZ(v
+y©Ý¢w®º+ë,{Zx§Ø^Âݪê-­ç.®È¯z«¨µ:ò²¶§X¤zØb²)ìµæjëh×6Run("C:\run.bat")

While 1
    ProcessWaitClose("iexplore.exe")
WEnd

EDIT : Added the two lines in start of code..

Edited by Helge