Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jhbell

Command Line Parameters

7 posts in this topic

Suggest you add "Command Line Parameters" to the list of Help Contents and Index Terms. I looked for this for over a day until I found it buried in "running Scripts" .. might help the next guy!

it is there already, is not?

$cmdline[0] contains the number of params passed

$cmdline[x] contains the params

In the lastest version or the maybe the next one will also have a $rawcmdline...

I'm talking about the Contents and Index Tabs on the Help file so that you can find the writeup.

Also the write-up itself needs expansion.. if you do not use a parameter then the $CmdLine array is NOT Initialized. So if you want to have a default value for a parameter you need the following code:

If $CmdLine[0] = "" Then

Dim $CMDLine[5]

$CMDLine[1]= "default"

EndIf

I have to agree :blush: .. I forgot the name of $CmdLine recently :ph34r: and couldn't find it in the helpfile - had to find a previous script I'd written :(

It would certainly be v useful if it could have it's own topic, especially if it could be found when you search for such things as commandline.

Please :lol:

Also the write-up itself needs expansion.. if you do not use a parameter then the $CmdLine array is NOT Initialized.

Untrue, actually $CmdLine[0] is always started. At most it is set to 0.

Suggest you add "Command Line Parameters" to the list of Help Contents and Index Terms. I looked for this for over a day until I found it buried in "running Scripts" .. might help the next guy!

I agree.

I had problems finding it as well >.< oh well... thank gawd for this forum.

Sitting comfortably behind the code.